starting strength gym
Page 1419 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091417141814191420142114291469151919192419 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,190 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I saw a woman pull up her shirt today to check her abs in the mirror. Never seen a young lady do that.

Has anyone else seen that?

She wasn’t a Cardio Bunny, more of a Cable Bunny.

She and her lady workout partner pulled on some sort of cable or machine the entire hour I was there. Never touched a barbell or dumbbell.
    Who doesn't do that though, really? If you don't tend to them they will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I saw a woman pull up her shirt today to check her abs in the mirror. Never seen a young lady do that.

Has anyone else seen that?

She wasn’t a Cardio Bunny, more of a Cable Bunny.

She and her lady workout partner pulled on some sort of cable or machine the entire hour I was there. Never touched a barbell or dumbbell.
    There are no mirrors at my gym so we all have to either check our abs at home or just check out each others. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    There are no mirrors at my gym so we all have to either check our abs at home or just check out each others. :-)
    How do you do your curls and lateral raises then????

From the reflections on their baby oil covered skin...

Sent from the bowels of hell

The guy next to me, put two soft yoga mats on top of eachother ( about 3-4 cm total) and a 20kilo plate at the end of the mats to hold them in place and then proceeded to squat while standing on the mats. Not quite sure why you would intentionally want to destabilize the set up to start with. Looked interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by geje View Post
    Not quite sure why you would intentionally want to destabilize the set up to start with.
    Obviously to mimic the effect of a bosu-ball when there wasn't one around.

Today’s gym bro story.

I wanted to vid this but it was too far away for my phone.

1. Barbell sex act…. Bro was straddling a barbell that only had plates on one end, doing some sort of row. But it totally looked like he was porking the plates because he kept pushing his knees and pelvis forward at the top of each rep.

2. Rounded back barbell floor slams with pelvic thrust…. So after bro finished monkey sex with the barbell and plates his victory lap was something that apparently was to be a deadlift. 3 sets of rounded back exercises that finished with a pelvic thrust and then slamming 135lbs into the floor for max audio effect on each rep.

And then he walked off without putting anything away.

2nd runner up,
    The guy who had his seriously hot girlfriend use the Hack Squat machine facing in. Which my search engine tells me is a Reverse Hack Squat on the Hack Squat machine. Dumbest looking thing ever, with your face all smushed up against the machine.

victory lap, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    How do you do your curls and lateral raises then????
    When I curl, I actually turn my back to the mirror because I hate myself and the mirror's too distracting. I get some looks like "how he lift if he no look in mirror?".

starting strength coach development program
    Guy in knee wraps on the leg press machine next to me.. that's a first for me!