starting strength gym
Page 1421 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4219211321137114111419142014211422142314311471152119212421 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,210 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    i have the same problem with the fake boobs and burpees in front of the squat rack. there is almost always a class going on with that shit when i squat. i must look like the biggest perve as none one is as subtle as they think they are.

but that said if you are going to be jumping around with 20% of your skin covered all hot and sweaty in front of a bunch of men you are going to get looked it, right or not its just going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hagrid's dad View Post
    I had the same problem -- also with a bar from Rogue. I ended up grabbing a wood saw and sawing through the cardboard tube (rotating it as I cut through it, so I wasn't trying to cut through the bar). This was very effective -- much more so than the several minutes I spent prying out staples and trying to wedge out the end cap.
    Same here.
    But not before it bit

Guy on the incline bench press; bar is loaded with 105lb. His buddy then helps him wrap his straps around the bar before he presses.

Quote Originally Posted by 16bit View Post
    i have the same problem with the fake boobs and burpees in front of the squat rack. there is almost always a class going on with that shit when i squat. i must look like the biggest perve as none one is as subtle as they think they are.

but that said if you are going to be jumping around with 20% of your skin covered all hot and sweaty in front of a bunch of men you are going to get looked it, right or not its just going to happen.
    would it be too weird to squat while wearing sunglasses?

ha, yes but that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    It's a weakness all men share. Our racks face the mirror. Even during my heaviest 20 rep squat I noticed the hot chick in booty shorts looking at herself sideways in the mirror as she did some light RDLs.

Dude, you gotta look, it is SCIENCE! or at least Biology.
    But don’t stare, staring is bad.

[chicks look also, they are just way more discrete than guys are]

They do indeed look. One of my co-workers is definitely a chest girl. I noticed whenever she was talking to me, her eyes would look down quite often - and not in that shy avoiding eye contact way. I thought I might just be flattering myself, but I noticed she did that with any guy who worked out - didn't have to be huge (I'm certainly not), just have noticeable pecs etc.

For this reason I knew she'd be happy to come spot me on bench press today.

She's very happily married, but her husband's a cyclist. We're all interested in something different from the everyday.
    Last edited by Kyle Schuant; 04-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    She's very happily married, but her husband's a cyclist. We're all interested in something different from the everyday.
    Well obviously he needs to bench in order to improve his thrust. On the pedals, I mean. For his cycling. Bicycles.

Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    Well obviously he needs to bench in order to improve his thrust. On the pedals, I mean. For his cycling. Bicycles.
    In his place, I would. My wife is also fond of chest and shoulders. The talmud says that a man should try to please his wife.

starting strength coach development program
    exactly, i do bro curls because the mrs likes it, so i like it.