starting strength gym
Page 1512 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 5121012141214621502151015111512151315141522156216122012 ... LastLast
Results 15,111 to 15,120 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    $150?! They are cotton denim and makes it look like you've stuffed a sock in your pants. Plus, button fly is garbage if you ever go drinking.

Just saw a guy at the local Y straddle a barbell with 370 on it. One leg on either side of the bar, now, and he squats down, right arm behind his right leg, left arm in front of his left leg, and pulls. He stands up with it with a ginormous grunt, and then drops it from the top. He does this twice more. Then he sets up to do a conventional DL. Standing in front of the bar, he does a dry run for three reps. He grabs the bar, tries for like two seconds to pull it, and gives up and walks off.

It's a Jefferson Deadlift. Popular on the internet because people on the internet are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    I like this. In fact, I think they should go one step further and also implement it for reracking random weights on top of each other.

"Hey, Ed, where should this 35lb plate go?"
    "Hey, Bob, just go ahead and throw it on top of this 45, 25, 5, 25 stack."
    Yep. I'm the OCD guy who organizes the plates on the squat rack every time I lift. Sometimes I heave passive-aggressive sighs and/or mutter angrily.
    I also like the spring clips buried in the middle of a random pile of plates.

Jefferson must have really long arms and a short torso. If I tried that I don't think it would end well.

Very nice older lifter told me my squats had great form but if I'm going to keep squatting heavy and deep like that I'm gonna blow my knees out, and I should at least get knee wraps. Knees, he said, are not meant to go below 45 degrees.

Incidentally, I get this a lot - not the geometry lesson, but people specifically saying my form is great and then telling me why my form is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    Yep. I'm the OCD guy who organizes the plates on the squat rack every time I lift. Sometimes I heave passive-aggressive sighs and/or mutter angrily.
    I always wonder how one squat rack winds up with 6 or 8 2.5 lbs. plates. (I guess it could be a gym employee who has no idea what they're doing and just wants to clean up.)

Quote Originally Posted by cph View Post
    I always wonder how one squat rack winds up with 6 or 8 2.5 lbs. plates. (I guess it could be a gym employee who has no idea what they're doing and just wants to clean up.)
    At least your gym has 2.5 plates.

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    Yep. I'm the OCD guy who organizes the plates on the squat rack every time I lift.
    It's not OCD until you do the entire weightroom. Which I may or may not have done.

Many times.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    It's not OCD until you do the entire weightroom. Which I may or may not have done.

Many times.
    Yeah, but what else are you going to do waiting those 3-5 minutes between sets