starting strength gym
Page 1547 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 5471047144714971537154515461547154815491557159716472047 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,470 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Saw 3 bros all wearing cap slightly tilted to the side and with the stickers still on deadlifting, one did it with good form, another deadlift the bar around the knee, the last one deadlift with rounded back. I thought a bro wouldn't let another bro deadlift with rounded back?

this is off topic but are lower back pain more common in men than women? I noticed most men lift something off from the ground with rounded back at my gym (deadlifting, picking up plates, picking up kettlebell, picking up the farmer carry) while women would keep their back straight more often.

Quote Originally Posted by dr3w View Post
    this is off topic but are lower back pain more common in men than women? I noticed most men lift something off from the ground with rounded back at my gym (deadlifting, picking up plates, picking up kettlebell, picking up the farmer carry) while women would keep their back straight more often.
    Supposedly, according to a chiropractor, women tend to have more neck and upper back (c-spine/t-spine) problems, and men tend to have more lower back (l-spine) problems.

Saw guy doing dumbbell squats and presses while standing on the flat side of a bosu ball today. Thankfully, I was not the person benching right next to him...

Not a gym story, but let me introduce you to my boss.

Short, fluffy guy, desperate to lose weight. Takes fiber and vitamins and fish oil and everything that Dr Oz suggests. Decided to go on a diet that he created, a "hybrid of slimfast and medifast". Basically low carb and 1200 calories a day, his goal is to lose 30 something pounds in 4 weeks.

He says his diet is low carb but he doesn't consider beans to have carbs and thinks that brown rice doesn't count because it brown.

After two days on this diet, he decided that he doesn't have energy during the day (despite having multiples cups of coffee) and bough 2 cases of 5 Hour Energy shots (never considered that it may be because of his diet).

Decided to buy a bunch of 2 lb containers of protein powder for his "diet". Walks in the next day and gave all those containers away because his personal trainer friend told him that its not good protein because it contains soy. He now ordered a 2lb container of some fancy whey isolate for $80. Oh, and he doesn't workout at all. Not even bro stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyduck View Post
    Not a gym story, but let me introduce you to my boss.
    Wow - I need to get in the supplement business. This guy is great for the bottom line.

Saw this a few weeks ago. I work out at a globo gym that actually has two platforms. I had to deadlift and they were both being used. One being used for power cleans but the other being used by some idiot. You know that device shaped like home plate that guys use to do barbell rows, where one side goes into the sleeve connected to homeplate? Well the idiot, took the effort to drag that thing ON THE PLATFORM and proceeded to do his rows there. I actually stepped in and said something because not only did I want to lift but I also want these brand new platforms to be kept in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFours View Post
    You know that device shaped like home plate that guys use to do barbell rows...
    This is funny to me, because one of the platforms at my gym has this thing permanently affixed to one corner.

Why does my brain retain the stupidest shit? I've never even used one but I know that thing is called a landmine.

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3327-...FcRzMgodBjUAXg

Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    This is funny to me, because one of the platforms at my gym has this thing permanently affixed to one corner.
    that sounds awful. those types of rows can be done anywhere, also, it is shaped that way because it is supposed to be jammed into a corner. it usually that way at my gym but this dude had the balls to move it from there and put it on the platform.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Why does my brain retain the stupidest shit? I've never even used one but I know that thing is called a landmine.

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3327-...FcRzMgodBjUAXg
    They call them "amberjacks" over here in the UK - screwed to the floor in the gym I go to and a very popular piece of equipment - one lad "throws" the unweighted bar up with one hand, catching it with the other and repeating - waste of a barbell really!