starting strength gym
Page 1808 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8081308170817581798180618071808180918101818185819082308 ... LastLast
Results 18,071 to 18,080 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Did you get projectile vomiting or explosive diarrhea as you passed onto the Chicago Skyway and into Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    Just finished my session at the only hotel gym I'm aware of in my airline's sphere that has a rack and plates. .
    I'm just amazed that you found such a thing. I'm on the road a lot (>100K miles/year) and I can't recall ever seeing a hotel gym equipped this way. I considered it a major victory when the Hilton brands replaced their old selectorized machines with new ones that have a chinning bar. Oh, and their dumbbells go up to a whopping 50lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Did you get projectile vomiting or explosive diarrhea as you passed onto the Chicago Skyway and into Indiana?
    Yes, but that happens every time I pass through Indiana.

Yeah, Gary can have that effect on people. It's the combination of the smell from the bag end of Lake Michigan and the steelworks.

I even got a picture of it:

While the pastrami looks good, what is that orange blob on the upper left? Sludge from the Chicago River?

It's a Jewish potato thing. Meh.

Damn that looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    It's a Jewish potato thing. Meh.
    Since it's orange, it looks like it might be a kugel patty made from sweet potato. Heard of 'em. First I ever saw one. Maybe sprinkled with paprika.

starting strength coach development program
    Nearly self-aware gym bro sighting: saw two dudes who were apparently doing calf day, starting on the seated machine and then moving to the Smith. Two plates right off the bat, with the bar pad thing (which I need a new name for, because tampons serve a legitimate purpose), and then one of them decided to add a third.

"I hate you so much," said his bro. "Do you have any idea how stupid we look?"

Well, bro, you do look stupid, but it's not really the number of plates that's at issue.

More Plates Bro then whined about how his back hurt (so does mine, bro, but I had the bare fucking bar on my back) and whined further about how he was "scared" of the leg press (loaded with 340lb worth of plates, don't know what the default resistance is). Other Bro seemed pretty ignorant too, but he was rapidly losing patience with his friend. Heard the word "pussy" a lot, which is also unfair, because pussies are useful and strong.

After a while, I'm doing deadlifts and this bro starts doing lying tricep extensions with 15lb DBs and just making the most hideous buffalo sex noises. He did 3 or 4 sets of 8-10 with very poor control, and then switched to 3 or 4 sets of 8-10 curlz with the same weights and the same noises, along with hissing and gasping "Jesus Christ" and "shit shit shit" and so on. To be clear, he didn't seem to be having any difficulty making the reps, he was just being fast and sloppy and loud.

I was going to skip assistance exercises because my arms are kind of sore, but I couldn't resist the temptation to get some bigger DBs and do some curls next to him, in complete silence, with as little show of effort as possible. Yes, I'm petty, but he was annoying the shit out of me while I was trying to focus on the five hundred different things that need squoze for a DL.