starting strength gym
Page 1870 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8701370177018201860186818691870187118721880192019702370 ... LastLast
Results 18,691 to 18,700 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Select the response that you deem best.

"LOL, good one."

"haha milk shot out of my nose when I read this"

"With a joke like that, Skillin's killin'!"
    I like all 3. Might be worth noting that I'm both a middle child and a short fella.

Select the response that you deem best.

"LOL, good one."

"haha milk shot out of my nose when I read this"

"With a joke like that, Skillin's killin'!"
    I like all 3. Might be worth noting that I'm both a middle child and a short fella.

How's this:

Adam Skillin posted a funny on a weightlifting forum on November 25, 2015. Skillin self-identifies as both a "middle child" and a "short fella".

So anyone who follows my log probably noticed the lack of updates, right? I've been doing a lot of traveling (business, not pleasure, so lots of shitty food, hotels, and sub $100 plane tickets), and at one stop, I passed by the little gym as it was attached to the lobby. They had a new-looking squat rack, and inside was a dude about 5'10" 180lbs squatting 225 for sets of 5. Real squats, not the crap in this thread, but still, nothing impressive, right? Well, the fun part was, he must have just gotten in or was traveling super light, or just DGAF, because he was wearing a dress shirt, gray slacks, and brown leather oxfords, which with their 1" heels probably double as lifting shoes in a pinch, as long as they're not slippery?? Worked for him anyway. Later I saw him at the hotel Starbucks wearing the same thing, only with a sportcoat on top. Dude didn't even get a scuff on his shoe polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I was thinking btb wrists curls. Also, I'm pissed that nobody laughed at my post above.
    It's fine. Think bigger picture. Babe Ruth only batted 0.300 and he's in Cooperstown. Hell, even KotJ only gets a chuckle about 65% of the time, 80% at best if you include gilchrest's throbbing acknowledgements.
    Last edited by stuffedsuperdud; 11-25-2015 at 04:48 PM.

How's this:

Adam Skillin posted a funny on a weightlifting forum on November 25, 2015. Skillin self-identifies as both a "middle child" and a "short fella".
    Adam, you're hilarious.
    But...Ian just out did you.

Yes it's possible to bench 315 for reps at 200 natty, but for someone to do it with no real knowledge of programming or technique just by busting their ass doing their 3 sets of 8-12 and a heap of other chest exercises a couple times a week would be exceedingly rare. It is not that rare to see it done at a regular gym though so odds are its steroids.
    Lots of people take steroids at the gym and that's fine, the roblem with that is that People do it with no idea what they're doing and get some results then others think it's their "workout plan" that's the key. It's like a drug dealer telling kids to drop outta school cuz he didn't need it to earn money, kids see the bling and think he must know what he's talking about. Most people would be better off learning their reading,writing and arithmetic and finishing school (Learning technique/programming/nutrition and doing their linear progression) though and then if they wanna take/sell drugs after that at least they'll have some understanding of the principles.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Adam, you're hilarious.
    But...Ian just out did you.
    I teed it up, he knocked it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I was thinking btb wrists curls. Also, I'm pissed that nobody laughed at my post above.
    I loled.

Note, lower case.

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine kilbane View Post
    Yes it's possible to bench 315 for reps at 200 natty, but for someone to do it with no real knowledge of programming or technique just by busting their ass doing their 3 sets of 8-12 and a heap of other chest exercises a couple times a week would be exceedingly rare. It is not that rare to see it done at a regular gym though so odds are its steroids.
    Lots of people take steroids at the gym and that's fine, the roblem with that is that People do it with no idea what they're doing and get some results then others think it's their "workout plan" that's the key. It's like a drug dealer telling kids to drop outta school cuz he didn't need it to earn money, kids see the bling and think he must know what he's talking about. Most people would be better off learning their reading,writing and arithmetic and finishing school (Learning technique/programming/nutrition and doing their linear progression) though and then if they wanna take/sell drugs after that at least they'll have some understanding of the principles.
    A lot of the bros aren't just doing a /random for their program though. Most of them do some kind of progressive overload program for bench, and then they hit a lot of assistance stuff too. I agree that someone just randomly getting there would be rare, but with Youtube and all sorts of other info out there, most of the guys in the gym that I see have some kind of plan. It may not be a program from this website or PPST3, but it could have merit depending on what it is.

starting strength coach development program
    Gym employee was hooking a kid (16 years old probably?) up with another guy for creatine as I was leaving the gym. Only heard half the conversation, but either that kid has zero understanding of the free market (can't you get it at CVS these days? You don't have to buy it as a white powder from someone in the gym) or it was "creatine" he was looking for.