starting strength gym
Page 1897 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8971397179718471887189518961897189818991907194719972397 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,970 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    The post you quoted contains some decent suggestions, actually. Coward. Weakling. Useless pile of shit.
    Coward sounds too mid-evil times.
    Don't like weakling, it sounds bullyish. That could be offensive to people who are in fact weak (just started training, really old people, etc).

Useless Pile Of Shit -- or UPOS -- or "you puss", that works.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Serious tho on what you'd suggest to describe the person teebob lays out here:
    I like the words teebob included: "This man is a narcissist, a dandy, a fop."

You could also use the following:
    "Frail," "Leech," "Portlandian," "Weakling," "Wormtongue," "Pathetic," "Man-boy," or my personal favorite, "Pajamaboy."

'Pussy' has worked because people have long acknowledged the collective connotation of what it 'means.' However, we tailor our language to those around us since not everyone is on the same page, may not grasp the same meanings, and meaningless offense distracts from the task at hand (mocking said Pajamaboy).

It demonstrates a lack of creativity (or laziness) when we can't (or won't) find an appropriate adjective, metaphor, or example of the behavior we're trying to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeriHughes View Post
    I clearly hadn't understood power cleans properly either. I thought the jump was important for power development - with the mask, you don't even need to jump to get more powerful!
    Imparting momentum to the bar via explosive hip and knee extension has nothing whatsoever to do with developing power via the reverse-grip barbell curl. I mean power clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Yogurt for men. Brogurt.

Damn - people are idiots. I'm just bugged that I never think up awesome scams like this.

It would be funny if their commercials showed a transgender individual (female to male) also transitioning from Dannon "fruit on the bottom" to POWERFUL yogurt!
    If the brogurt had dianabol sprinkles in it, then I think we would be onto something. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Gotcher View Post
    we tailor our language to those around us since not everyone is on the same page, may not grasp the same meanings, and meaningless offense distracts from the task at hand (mocking said Pajamaboy).
    In the army we described any sudden loss of willpower or resolve, particularly when associated with giving up on a physical task claiming injury, as "pulling a heartilage."

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I don't know about the journal, but what's wrong with a straight razor? You see an article on a website, think "huh, that's cool," and realize it'll give you a closer shave. Somehow that means you're "out?"

Personally, I would use a straight razor, except for two things: 1) It takes too much time and 2) I'm not into cutting up my face.
    I haven't shaved in 42 years, for precisely those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by teebob21 View Post
    SSD's point, I believe, was that a person who starts doing these "manly things" only because they saw it on a website and want to be seen "doing manly things", is not actually doing manly things. There is nothing wrong with a straight razor or a leatherbound notebook when used for their intended purpose. There is a problem with using these things when you do so for the sole reason to be seen doing these things.
    how do you shave with a straight razor in order to be seen shaving with a razor. Serious question - I want to show it off but am unsure how

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Gotcher View Post
    or my personal favorite, "Pajamaboy."
    what's the etymology of "pajamaboy"? I recall reading it but I can't find it now

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    what's the etymology of "pajamaboy"? I recall reading it but I can't find it now
    https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/1...modern-society

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    Pajama Boy, An Insufferable Man-Child - POLITICO Magazine