starting strength gym
Page 1899 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8991399179918491889189718981899190019011909194919992399 ... LastLast
Results 18,981 to 18,990 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    I have found the way to defeat the $70 haircut, the $20 haircut, even the $10 haircut by the local barber who makes everyone in town look the same.

A Wahl trimmer in the garage + a beard. Cleanup is with the leaf blower.

Agreed. Except mine happens in the bathroom garbage can. Do you have the wahl peanut?

related-to-thread tax:
    At gym last week, dude wearing american flag hoody (with the hood up) and an american flag altitude mask. didnt take off mask the entire hour I saw him in there.

So are we going to cleanse the English language off all male-female bad/good conotations?
    I testify that you are all hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFours View Post
    Agreed. Except mine happens in the bathroom garbage can. Do you have the wahl peanut?
    I use the Wahl "Color Pro". Only because I dropped my old one on the concrete floor (didn't work so well after that!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chubbins View Post
    So are we going to cleanse the English language off all male-female bad/good conotations?
    I'd prefer the term "weak-sauced motherfucker" instead of "pussy".

What assholes. 155lb partner deadlifts. And not even in sync with the fucking music!

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Could calling a guy "pussy" and saying a woman has "balls" have those connotations because we have historically viewed women as bad, and men as good? Which might be what you are saying, I haven't had coffee yet.
    Yep, that's what I'm saying. I get a $20 haircut, but it's mostly because the lady will cut my kiddo's hair for $5. So $25 for both of us. I haven't used a razor in a couple of years - just clean up the neck and cheeks with trimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    I won't defend most of these, but I hear "man up" as critical of immaturity, not sex. Like "don't be a child".
    That's how it strikes me. I've heard "woman up" lately too. Interesting.

If this is purposeful, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by chebass88 View Post
    what assholes. 155lb partner deadlifts. And not even in sync with the fucking music!
    and mixed grip.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Completely insensitive to the taste bud/olfactory impaired with an Oedipal Complex.
    Alas, you're right. Many apologies to the milquetoasts amongst us.

Oh brother, don't even entertain these discussions dude.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Well first that was a terrible example on my part I admit, but since you asked, it is a thing. You go to one of those trendy new shave-and-a-haircut barbershops that are sprouting up all over the place, the ones with barberpoles outside and faux-historica names like "Wilkins and Johansson Barbershoppe and Supply Co." Inside the decor tends to be a 1930's thing: wood panels ehhrwhere the likes of which no steakhouse has ever seen, and barber chairs rounded up from junkyards and museums, and the staff are often dressed in 3-piece suits and aprons. For $70 or so they hook you up with booze while you wait, and then you get a haircut + 14-cut straight razor shave with hot towels, Bay Rum aftershave, etc..
    Well, as long as it's not like this traditional barbershop. I suppose it would be okay:

Albert Anastasia The Original Murder Inc. Part II

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    When we call a man a pussy, we mean it as an insult. When we say a woman has balls, we mean it as a compliment.
    Unless, of course, we mean she has a collection - either nailed to the wall or tastefully exhibited in a display case - as souvenirs of her many conquests.