starting strength gym
Page 1902 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9021402180218521892190019011902190319041912195220022402 ... LastLast
Results 19,011 to 19,020 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post

Quote Originally Posted by turnip View Post
    Getting back to the purpose of this forum and off back hair....

Is this a spot gone wrong?

I need a new gym.
    The things with these static holds like this . . . .
    Me thinks this would be hard to do if had as much weight below your waist as you are supposed to.

and yes, you need a new gym.

Getting back to the purpose of this forum and off back hair....

Is this a spot gone wrong?

I need a new gym.
    I would spend all my time there working on mind control: "just let go, just let go, just let go, just let go"

The dude on top... err... dude holding onto the bar, slips. Both plummet to the ground. Teeth. Everywhere.

Can anyone explain what this set up is meant to achieve?

Can anyone explain what this set up is meant to achieve?
    pffff! block pull elevated heel deadlift . . .for dem quadz.

and they are very particular about the starting height . . .precise

Explain this to me (caught this is my self-vid-form-check)

They use that bumper plate for something, several dumbells, ridiculous elevated heel set-up, etc , etc, etc . . .
    All under supervision of "certified" trainer.
    At least your guy came up with his stupid set up all on his own.
    Last edited by MBasic; 12-14-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Re-derail:
    1. Most of my jeans fail at the inseam from my thighs rubbing together; looks fine for a long time and then one day a huge tear will open. They're cheap and expendable, so I never really cared. Recently though I noticed similar wear in my suit pants, only it's wool, so pilling instead of straight up tearing, but I fear the eventual result will be the same, and in this case, it'd be rather obnoxious to lose a pricey suit over a hole in the inseam. Anyone have any solutions for this? I saw various suggestions on the interwebzz about silk liners, different crotch fits, and pilling as a function of wool type, but nothing concrete.

2. Two-tone saddle shoes: In 4th grade there was a kid named Yakov who wore a pair every day, light brown with dark brown saddle. Of course we made fun of him because they made him bad at kickball, plus they weren't sneakers. Fortunately now I realize the follies of my ways and am wondering if these babies are due up for a comeback. Might be a fun way for the wearer to stand out from the rest of the rat race juuuuuust a hair? ....or might just make him look like an asshole. Not sure. PS I eventually realized that as an immigrant from Ukraine, those shoes were the only pair poor Yakov had, which made him both fashion-forward and pitiful....but mostly just pitiful, so I tracked him down on Facebook to apologize and he was pretty much like, "Dude I forgot all about that until just now." I can't tell if he meant, "It's cool, long time ago + we were kids" or "Fuck you, I can't believe you dredged that pain back for me, asshole." Shit.

Re-rail:
    Came across this in my search How to Slim Down Muscular Thighs. Asshole telling women to starve and the folks in the comments are eating it all up? Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Re-rail:
    Came across this in my search How to Slim Down Muscular Thighs. Asshole telling women to starve and the folks in the comments are eating it all up? Fuck.
    pic from article:

[QUOTE=stuffedsuperdud;1222399]Re-derail:
    1. Most of my jeans fail at the inseam from my thighs rubbing together; looks fine for a long time and then one day a huge tear will open. They're cheap and expendable, so I never really cared. Recently though I noticed similar wear in my suit pants, only it's wool, so pilling instead of straight up tearing, but I fear the eventual result will be the same, and in this case, it'd be rather obnoxious to lose a pricey suit over a hole in the inseam. Anyone have any solutions for this? I saw various suggestions on the interwebzz about silk liners, different crotch fits, and pilling as a function of wool type, but nothing concrete.[quote]

If your thighs are rubbing together and abrading the fabric I don't see how a silk liner is going to help. Maybe start buying two pairs of pants for every one jacket and rotate them? Or just walk like a cowboy everywhere you go.

2. Two-tone saddle shoes: In 4th grade there was a kid named Yakov who wore a pair every day, light brown with dark brown saddle. Of course we made fun of him because they made him bad at kickball, plus they weren't sneakers. Fortunately now I realize the follies of my ways and am wondering if these babies are due up for a comeback. Might be a fun way for the wearer to stand out from the rest of the rat race juuuuuust a hair? ....or might just make him look like an asshole. Not sure. PS I eventually realized that as an immigrant from Ukraine, those shoes were the only pair poor Yakov had, which made him both fashion-forward and pitiful....but mostly just pitiful, so I tracked him down on Facebook to apologize and he was pretty much like, "Dude I forgot all about that until just now." I can't tell if he meant, "It's cool, long time ago + we were kids" or "Fuck you, I can't believe you dredged that pain back for me, asshole." Shit.
    I hope that two tone saddle shoes aren't making a comeback. Not a fan.

Re-rail:
    This is one of the worst things I've ever read. The irony of an article telling you how to lose muscular bodyweight appearing on a web site called "livestrong" also isn't lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Re-derail:
    1. Most of my jeans fail at the inseam from my thighs rubbing together; looks fine for a long time and then one day a huge tear will open. They're cheap and expendable, so I never really cared. Recently though I noticed similar wear in my suit pants, only it's wool, so pilling instead of straight up tearing, but I fear the eventual result will be the same, and in this case, it'd be rather obnoxious to lose a pricey suit over a hole in the inseam. Anyone have any solutions for this? I saw various suggestions on the interwebzz about silk liners, different crotch fits, and pilling as a function of wool type, but nothing concrete.

Re-rail:
    if you are going to get saddle shoes, def go brown on brown

Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Brown Saddle Shoes 9 5D | eBay

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Can a tailor gusset your suit pants with a swatch of heavy cloth that is a good color match? Seems like a possible solution unless your crotch is exposed with high frequency.
    K.Starrett bus sitting posture . . .this is a reality.

This is sad.
    The author should be hunted down and destroyed as if he drew a comic of Mohammed.