starting strength gym
Page 1910 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9101410181018601900190819091910191119121920196020102410 ... LastLast
Results 19,091 to 19,100 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Marginally related to the thigh issue: Possible last-minute stocking stuffer for the special swamp-crotch squatter on your list to stuff his junk into?

http://www.sheathunderwear.com/design/

The picture's kind of confusing, but the gist of it seems to be that there's a separate compartment for your junk. Might be a more elegant solution than dealing with that tearjerking morning spray of Extra Strength Gold Bond, and I read somewhere that keeping junksweat away from your chubrub is one way to slow the developing of tears in the groin of your pants, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Marginally related to the thigh issue: Possible last-minute stocking stuffer for the special swamp-crotch squatter on your list to stuff his junk into?

The picture's kind of confusing, but the gist of it seems to be that there's a separate compartment for your junk. Might be a more elegant solution than dealing with that tearjerking morning spray of Extra Strength Gold Bond, and I read somewhere that keeping junksweat away from your chubrub is one way to slow the developing of tears in the groin of your pants, so there's that.

Pocket on inside ? Seems one step away from this https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...26067583826%2F

underwear for Jesus of Nazareth (from the site

www. she a thunder wear .com ?? Not a compliment.

I posted this in Rips forum, in a thread discussing using (or not using) the girl's (15kg) Oly bar for deadlifts . . .for a girl. I guess he moderated-it-out-of-there and ignored it . . . . didn't think it was relevant, which is wasn't really, but the thread was dead anyways . . .and THIS sure is funny:

Start at around 0:20 . .and wait for it.

https://youtu.be/VwXhnujtkQo?t=17

Those are what they call "stairs" . . . normally they do a slight rebound thing, kinda touch and go pulls, using the rebound of the middle of the bar . . . instead of just using blocks. Seems crazy I know but this actually a thing. (I think this is actually an elite Russian training hall)

This lady using them differently, stopping on each rep.
    . .and of course, the throw down at the end. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I posted this in Rips forum, in a thread discussing using (or not using) the girl's (15kg) Oly bar for deadlifts . . .for a girl. I guess he moderated-it-out-of-there and ignored it . . . . didn't think it was relevant, which is wasn't really, but the thread was dead anyways . . .and THIS sure is funny:

Start at around 0:20 . .and wait for it.

https://youtu.be/VwXhnujtkQo?t=17

Those are what they call "stairs" . . . normally they do a slight rebound thing, kinda touch and go pulls, using the rebound of the middle of the bar . . . instead of just using blocks. Seems crazy I know but this actually a thing. (I think this is actually an elite Russian training hall)

This lady using them differently, stopping on each rep.
    . .and of course, the throw down at the end. Hilarious.
    "Dude, they're Russian so that HAS to be the way to do those."

- Crossfit honk

Went to the Globo gym today to do a conditioning workout on the rower. To my horror, the Concept2 rowers were all gone. In there stead, were a set of Matrix brand rowers. Rower : Matrix Fitness Equipment

This thing is a hunk of shit. I could not get it adjusted right, the glide has friction in it and the computer is not calibrated correctly. It also makes a "swoosh" sounds like you are rowing in water on every pull. Furthermore, you cannot program the computer for intervals, only a "race" in increments of 500meters. I complained to the staff and was told that the Matrix rep gave them a deal for having a 100% Matrix cardio room.

Maybe the clearest picture of the thought process people go through at the gym only knowing a few bits they read in the popular media:

Girl grabs 10 lbs dumbbells.
    Can't decide if curling or rowing or doing lateral raises.
    Not interesting enough so she gets the "Stability" platform
    Stability Platform is too unstable so she moves it right up against the wall for bracing.
    Now lateral raises are impossible because of the wall (at least this narrows things down!)
    Now 10 lbs dumbbells are too heavy, so she grabs the 7.5 lbs dumbbells.
    Last edited by ColoWayno; 12-23-2015 at 09:04 PM.

New guy at the gym was chatting up my bro about westside and whatever silly nonsense when all of a sudden both of his injection points blossom blood onto his t-shirt. Oopsie. Maybe next time he will slap a bandaid on.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by LizF View Post
    Which is not to say I'm not mad -- it's just that I'm basically this mad all the time.