starting strength gym
Page 1913 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9131413181318631903191119121913191419151923196320132413 ... LastLast
Results 19,121 to 19,130 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Idiot fucking trainer has this poor woman doing some kind under hand row in the Smith Machine using bumper plates.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post

A "documentary" of the NYR spectacle.
    gold

This is the find of year of 2015 IMO !

fuck! funny, yet only a very slight exaggeration of what goes on in my lifetime fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    Idiot fucking trainer has this poor woman doing some kind under hand row in the Smith Machine using bumper plates.

Did she stand up with it at the top, or was it just some kind of smith machine row?

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Did she stand up with it at the top, or was it just some kind of smith machine row?
    Think mid thigh to there as the ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    gold

This is the find of year of 2015 IMO !

fuck! funny, yet only a very slight exaggeration of what goes on in my lifetime fitness.
    All that's missing from the video is the personal trainer sub-species.

I'm still chugging through this thread but I finally had something funny to add.

At the gym tonite and its chock full of high school curl bros using every machine in sight and the preacher curl rack. I need a lift off for bench because I have problems with my neck and that little angle and bit of effort causes a lot of pain.

I look around to find a curl bro to help out. I see a curl bro in full sweats, baggy hoodie, short cropped hair under a backwards hat jumping back and forth between leg extensions and legs curls with hardly any weight in either. Seems perfect.

I walk up to him and ask for a lift off. As soon as the words leave my mouth I realize that it's actually a girl. She's less than thrilled and so am I but I feel committed. We head to the bench. I try to get to the bench and set up before the spotter gets there to take up less of their time. I'm already laying down when she gets there. As I'm sorting my grip she comes around the side and starts to throw her leg over me like she's gonna sit on my chest and pull the bar that way. I was not prepared for that but her reluctance makes a lot more sense now. I slide off quickly and explain what I'm actually looking for. Totally awkward for both of us. She left immediately after that.

I feel kinda bad but really it was freaking hilarious. I looked around but no one else seemed to see it go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    I'm still chugging through this thread but I finally had something funny to add.

At the gym tonite and its chock full of high school curl bros using every machine in sight and the preacher curl rack. I need a lift off for bench because I have problems with my neck and that little angle and bit of effort causes a lot of pain.

I look around to find a curl bro to help out. I see a curl bro in full sweats, baggy hoodie, short cropped hair under a backwards hat jumping back and forth between leg extensions and legs curls with hardly any weight in either. Seems perfect.

I walk up to him and ask for a lift off. As soon as the words leave my mouth I realize that it's actually a girl. She's less than thrilled and so am I but I feel committed. We head to the bench. I try to get to the bench and set up before the spotter gets there to take up less of their time. I'm already laying down when she gets there. As I'm sorting my grip she comes around the side and starts to throw her leg over me like she's gonna sit on my chest and pull the bar that way. I was not prepared for that but her reluctance makes a lot more sense now. I slide off quickly and explain what I'm actually looking for. Totally awkward for both of us. She left immediately after that.

I feel kinda bad but really it was freaking hilarious. I looked around but no one else seemed to see it go down.
    You should of just went with the flow and not explained anything.

Maybe that's how they mate at that gym?

I think my new strategy is to ask the super hotties for spots and see if I can get the same response.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    +1

When in Rome...
    /nod