starting strength gym
Page 1916 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9161416181618661906191419151916191719181926196620162416 ... LastLast
Results 19,151 to 19,160 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Yes. But only because myself and the other SSC's will likely be amused by the story.
    Karl would drive up from Illinois and throw a tree at me if form check pull-up machine leg presses

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    I've never had an idiot trainer make up a lift, put me in a smith machine and use bumper plates, just to look at them, so I will say, no. Mine are not better.
    Since you live close enough, I can make a crazy routine for you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Since you live close enough, I can make a crazy routine for you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    Heh! We can do kitten kick back leg curls for sure. I have to bring some litter so we can simulate the real movement at the gym. Does your gym allow kitty litter?

Heh! We can do kitten kick back leg curls for sure. I have to bring some litter so we can simulate the real movement at the gym. Does your gym allow kitty litter?
    Callador & blu training

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This would be a fun project. Everybody go out and get a free introductory training session at a globo gym. Plead ignorance and report results.
    Now I really want to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by LizF View Post
    -- which means they know damn well this is unhealthy and unsustainable, but God fucking forbid women have big thighs!
    Big thighs are the best thing since sliced bread if they're athletic. Some *ahem* get carried away with the macros and try to lump themselves in that group but really need a reality check.

Saw a good one today. Guy in head to toe Vanderbilt attire proceeds to do weighed chin-ups. I don't see many people do pull-ups or chin-ups so caught my attention. He had a 50 lbs dumbell hanging between his legs, but had rigged up the rack so that he could step off the platform without having to do a dead hang. He then Proceeded to do quarter rep chin-ups. Now, I never see guys doing dead hang chin-ups or pull-ups, but this was the worst ROM I've ever seen on Chinups/pull-ups.

Overheard a big guy giving a skinny kid a mouthful of advice. In summary, if you want to get strong, pick a muscle group and isolate it in every way possible.

Meanwhile, I'm deadlifting in a corner space. I've been scolded at this gym before for "slamming" weights down. It's a hard floor and the wrights are steel so no way to sound gentle. Anyway, a trainer heads my way. I'm sure I'm about to get in trouble, be he says that I have great form and he wishes he would see more people deadlifting. Yep, a trainer that condones deadlifting. Unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    This would be a fun project. Everybody go out and get a free introductory training session at a globo gym. Plead ignorance and report results.
    There's a new Anytime Fitness in my town, and I've been really tempted to go do just that.

starting strength coach development program
    I kind of feel like you were a man wandering lost in the wilderness before the internet. Then you found your first kitten gif, the heavens parted, and an angelic choir accompanied a ray of light shining down.

"Finally! I understand why I was put here."