starting strength gym
Page 1918 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9181418181818681908191619171918191919201928196820182418 ... LastLast
Results 19,171 to 19,180 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I really don't like the plates under the heels for any kind of squat. I know I would fucking crash and burn doing that, and I am sure there are other just like me. :-) If I ever see anyone doing it at my gym, I let them know that it could be a safety hazard if the plate slips. Most of them have no idea that the plates could shift.

This wasn't at the gym, but I officially got one upped by the two bros working at GNC. I was buying some pre-workout and a guy from my gym was there. We were talking and he asked me about my last meet. Once I mentioned the 644 squat, then it was time to one up me big time. The two bros behind the counter started talking about how they squat or squatted back in high school. The bigger guy (who was probably 6'2, 275) said that he had a 1500 total on the squat, bench and hang clean. I think he said he hang cleaned 275. He also said he squatted 700 really deep. That means he also benched 525. Then the smaller guy, who was probably 160# max had to one up the other bro. He said that he squats 800 deep and benched 5 something. I told him he should compete, since he pretty much would hold all the world records. I think that made them think about what they were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Then the smaller guy, who was probably 160# max had to one up the other bro. He said that he squats 800 deep and benched 5 something. I told him he should compete, since he pretty much would hold all the world records. I think that made them think about what they were saying.
    Dude works at a supplement store. Of course he can squat 800 at 160. He has all the supplements. Duh.

Today in the gym I saw a high school senior benching 365 for sets of 5, fast, flat back, with almost no leg drive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Today in the gym I saw a high school senior benching 365 for sets of 5, fast, flat back, with almost no leg drive at all.
    melody, I think you're confusing the words "hilarious" and "demoralizing"

... I told him he should compete, since he pretty much would hold all the world records. I think that made them think about what they were saying.
    lol...now cleaning breakfast of my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    melody, I think you're confusing the words "hilarious" and "demoralizing"
    I was going to do some weightlifting, but a girl who is on the team USA bobsled team was on the other platform and I didn't want to embarrass myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Dude works at a supplement store. Of course he can squat 800 at 160. He has all the supplements. Duh.
    I didn't think of that. :-) With all the sweet discounts he gets, he can take a veritable cocktail of mega gainz.

I didn't think of that. :-) With all the sweet discounts he gets, he can take a veritable cocktail of mega gainz.
    Plus all the sweet moolah he's been making with Uncle Rico.

Quote Originally Posted by JCavin View Post
    I guess I'm back.

Unfortunately, my new gym will be in my home so I won't get to see stuff nearly as entertaining. I can live vicariously through you all.
    Welcome home, threadfather.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavin View Post
    I guess I'm back.

Unfortunately, my new gym will be in my home so I won't get to see stuff nearly as entertaining. I can live vicariously through you all.
    So you're the bastard that's responsible for my recent lack of productivity?

Thanks! ;-)