starting strength gym
Page 1921 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9211421182118711911191919201921192219231931197120212421 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,210 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Used to be you had to check if a house pool cue was straight by rolling it on the table first and looking for a wobble. Guess you could do that with an Olympic barbell on the safeties.
    I do that with most of the bars in my gym.

January, every year... - Album on Imgur

A mix of the absurd and the totally accurate. The "I come to the gym to do a bodyweight routine" guy, there's two of those at my gym.

Oh, and these young guys cast shade at me for putting the incline bench's bar on the floor for deads. They did this whole routine of acting like they couldn't figure out what I was doing and why I needed the bench still, which I didn't of course, they just wanted to make a big deal of being put out. I finally got them to get a different bar and then deadlifted with my ass in their face. Definitely not regulars, probably won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ithryn View Post
    Oh, and these young guys cast shade at me for putting the incline bench's bar on the floor for deads. They did this whole routine of acting like they couldn't figure out what I was doing and why I needed the bench still, which I didn't of course, they just wanted to make a big deal of being put out. I finally got them to get a different bar and then deadlifted with my ass in their face. Definitely not regulars, probably won't be back.
    I do the same thing. One guy asked if he could use the bench behind me. I said sure, but I have a few more so my ass'll be in your face. He said I don't mind if he doesn't (pointing to my lifting partner/sweetie). We agreed that where my ass goes is really up to me. I'm pretty sure I have a form video somewhere that includes him looking everywhere but right in front of him.

And speaking of form videos. Check out the Stupid Shit behind me on Jan 1. As my friend said, God bless cellphone guy.
    https://instagram.com/p/BAAxssbPFRS/

Hey, you're the gal with the badass leggings.

Heh, that is pretty good with the guy on the cellphone hitting the dumbbells. :-) Ithryn, since you live in Chicago, can't you find a better gym? There are some pretty sweet ones down there, depending on where you live of course.

There HAS to be a descriptive term when someone does something stupid in the background of your form check video. Not just "photo bombing"; "photo------"?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    There HAS to be a descriptive term when someone does something stupid in the background of your form check video. Not just "photo bombing"; "photo------"?
    Photodumbing?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Photodumbing?
    Good, good...

Thanks ithryn, that was extremely funny!