starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2422 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavin View Post
    ...and they are putting their last load on the bar as well...

And, yeah, i'm gonna keep them coming.
    NOW the truth of the matters comes out!

I'm going to start (secretly) filming idiots at my gym. I'll keep you posted.

Should make a thread of videos of idiots. You can have stories only if it's a unique and original gym-fail; everybody's seen idiots 1/4 squat with the maxipad. But videos will be funny. I don't think that's illegal.

There's just no way that I would ever get away with filming someone at the gym.

If I got caught i'd be screwed, lol. I'd probably be fired for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    I'm going to start (secretly) filming idiots at my gym. I'll keep you posted.

Should make a thread of videos of idiots. You can have stories only if it's a unique and original gym-fail; everybody's seen idiots 1/4 squat with the maxipad. But videos will be funny. I don't think that's illegal.
    it may not be illegal, but it might a bit too immoral...

"Like masturbating on an airplane."

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal too."

"Yeah, maybe after 9/11, when everyone got so sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden."

well, if youre gonna stay late, join those women on the bikes! ... assuming its overlooking the entire gym

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sousa View Post
    At least it sounds like they weren't using a mixed grip on their DL's. There are so many guys at my gym who use the mixed grip no matter what weight they are pulling. I've seen guys using it for 135lbs. and it makes me want to kick them in the nuts.
    One of the more bizarre things I've seen in my gym was a dude doing 95# rack pulls from the lowest pin while standing on an aerobic step and using a mixed grip. And he was wearing gloves. I'm dying for an explanation of that little scene.

He was of course working with a personal trainer, the very same personal trainer who once interrupted my recovery-day squat sets of 225 to tell me I was doing good-mornings and was going to injure myself, and then adamantly refused to comprehend my explanation of low-bar squats, even after I helpfully brought him Rip's article on high-bar vs. low-bar. Some people just don't want to learn.

I can't wait to see some of the personal trainers working with some lifters.

It is going to be priceless. If i'm between exercises I might just get as close to them as possible and pretend to lift something just so I can listen in.

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVan View Post
    One of the more bizarre things I've seen in my gym was a dude doing 95# rack pulls from the lowest pin while standing on an aerobic step and using a mixed grip. And he was wearing gloves. I'm dying for an explanation of that little scene.
    Maybe this will help.

Two guys next to me were doing 185# rack pulls, with alternated grip of course. One was wearing gloves, the other not. The one with gloves says to the other one "Doesn't your wife complain about your callouses?" to which the other replies "No, I just put lotion on my hands before I workout".

So I guess he must have forgot his lotion. Of course, stilll doesn't explain the 95# rack pull part.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PJFleck View Post
    Maybe this will help.

Two guys next to me were doing 185# rack pulls, with alternated grip of course. One was wearing gloves, the other not. The one with gloves says to the other one "Doesn't your wife complain about your callouses?" to which the other replies "No, I just put lotion on my hands before I workout".

So I guess he must have forgot his lotion. Of course, stilll doesn't explain the 95# rack pull part.
    I would be pissed and confused if I went to use a bar and it was covered in Jergens.