starting strength gym
Page 2159 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1159165920592109214921572158215921602161216922092259 ... LastLast
Results 21,581 to 21,590 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Mike View Post
    I appear to be the only person in my gym who sweats. I mean, I have to wipe my brow between sets and my perspiration soaks through my t-shirt. No one else seems to perspire.
    The people in the weight room seem very focused on thier "pump" and they do a lot of grunting, but not sweating. Are they so much more advanced than I that thier training isn't as comparatively strenuous? Will I stop sweating one day?
    Should I consult my physician about this?
    What you dont want is what I had last week: sweat that reeked of Ammonia. It was horrible.

I have always sweated like a pig. Huge, copious streams of it. Now that the weather is cooling (finally!) here, it's not so bad. But I have to keep a sweat towel in my truck to keep mopping off after even easy cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFours View Post
    What you dont want is what I had last week: sweat that reeked of Ammonia. It was horrible.
    Need moar pre-workout carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFours View Post
    I like it. Like a finely aged cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Every other 45lb or 20KG plate ever made in the history of the universe is 450mm. I know Rogue caters to Xfitters who never have any reason to ever put more than 495 on the bar (and even then, it's only for one of those three-person DL photo-ops), but why would they not think that someone might eventually DL 525? Overall, Rogue is an awesome company. I would without a second of hesitation recommend every single person buy pretty much everything ever from them. But the High-Temps are just incredibly stupid. Even dumber than all the insane, unnecessary, bonkers expensive stuff they make. Because those insane, unnecessary, bonkers expensive stuff isn't made wrong.

There is a lot of equipment that is not built to Olympic specs.
    Both new and old York plates are smaller than 450mm.
    Pretty sad for such a well known brand. They're not the only one, either.
    I put a tape measure on a few brands at my local gym liquidator.

I sweat quite a bit, too. What makes me laugh are the gym bros who workout in hoodies with the hood on even when it's not cold out. I saw a dude doing moderately high rep deadlifts at 335 the other day wearing just that. I'd be soaked with sweat and fermenting between sets. I've put on a jacket between sets before working out in a warehouse space, but that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been 60 degrees in my garage the last few times, still sweat quite a bit. It needs to be around 35-40 for me to not really sweat. Around 60 is probably the most overall comfortable temperature though, all things considered.

I'll put my hand up as a non sweater. Takes temps over 30C and 90% humidity, plus some cardio work before I'm what you'd consider "sweaty"

Everyone is different. There's a treadmill jogger guy at my gym who drips with sweat. That stuff flies off him in every direction, and the last 5 minutes of his training is spent with a spray bottle and some paper towel trying to clean up after himself.

Used to do martial arts with a guy we dubbed aquaman. We worked on a basketball floor and had to keep moving around so the puddles would have a chance to evaporate. If the class stopped to listen to the instructor, there'd be a big ass puddle around where he was standing. It was actually kind of dangerous since it got so slippery.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Everyone is different.
    Sometimes I forget. I'm one of those "if you ain't sweatin', you ain't workin'" kind of guys. I figured the guys in the gym were just there to ogle themselves. Point taken

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    That stuff flies off him in every direction, and the last 5 minutes of his training is spent with a spray bottle and some paper towel trying to clean up after himself.
    Have we met? Sounds eerily similar to my workouts...