starting strength gym
Page 2207 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1207170721072157219722052206220722082209221722572307 ... LastLast
Results 22,061 to 22,070 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    My wife's best friend owns it w her husband.
    I'll check it out asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was bench pressing today. 2 other guys also bench pressing, both using suicide grip. One of them using the open hand suicide grip (fingers extended). He then proceeded to use that grip on decline BP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy doing an amazing amount of curl variations here, and he isn't putting back anything, so far he has left:
    3 fixed weight barbells
    Two loaded oly barbells
    6 dumbells
    Two loaded Eze bars
    One 55lbs plate and one 35 in the middle of the squat rack wich he only used for curls and dips.
    Last edited by Andersgj; 01-04-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: More stuff left all over

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Any bottling/canning?
    Dunno. Wife communicates way more with them than I do

Quote Originally Posted by Andersgj View Post
    There is a guy doing an amazing amount of curl variations here, and he isn't putting back anything, so far he has left:
    3 fixed weight barbells
    Two loaded oly barbell
    6 dumbells
    Two loaded Eze bars
    One 55lbs plate and one 35 in the middle of the squat rack wich he only used for curls and dips.
    That's impressive. That's almost more equipment than my gym even has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post
    Yesterday my sister was squatting and her hips are coming up first. The gym owner (who is a very nice guy but very skinny and tall - used to do boxing, not a lifter) came over and was telling my sister she's good morning-ing her squats and her back is lifting the weight... I told him we're working on knees out so that's not a primary concern and he sort of ignored me and kept talking to my sister LOL. He suggested box squats, where you don't drive your hips up from the box (because box squats shouldn't be a hip exercise) and hip thrusts to strengthen her obviously weak glutes...

The same dude told me I should look straight ahead when I squat rather than down, but stopped after a while. There's a picture of him on our gym website squatting with the Safety Squat Bar, 60kg bumper plates, chains and knee wraps. WRAPS, not sleeves. Because of his boxing background he 'trains' people coming in for sports, like footballers and fighters. Because obviously lifting slow and heavy is a lot less important than having them throw medicine balls and do light weight jumping squats

He's right about everything except the weak glutes. Good mornings are caused by weak quads.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    He's right about everything except the weak glutes. Good mornings are caused by weak quads.
    He didn't say weak quads, he said lifting with her back (which doesn't make sense because the back obviously does not move the bar)

Good morningy squats are caused by the knees extending before the quads right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kregna View Post

Good morningy squats are caused by the knees extending before the quads right?
    Quads extend ?

Olympic lifting in bare feet. No socks. Skin to floor. With a fast food soda cup on the bench nearby.
    Last edited by cph; 01-04-2017 at 09:07 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Everyday a new sight. Tonight it's a guy repeatedly hopping straight up from a squatting position with a 50-lb dumbbell held with both hands up by his chest, with the dumbbell starting on the floor. One of the funnier-looking things I've seen in the gym. Less technical than a clean, I guess.

-RJP