starting strength gym
Page 2310 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1310181022102260230023082309231023112312232023602410 ... LastLast
Results 23,091 to 23,100 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pin squats are a thing, but normally you will set the pins a little below your sticking point. So it is sort of like a paused squat from a height above parallel, but not 6" from lockout. I don't think you would get much out of 6" front squats (for squats at least), but you would really load your upper back up isometrically I guess.

Overload the dip on a jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by scwot View Post
    Overload the dip on a jerk?
    yes, sometimes they'll just do holds . . .sometimes slight dips: Lu Xiaojun & Tian Tao 295kg Front Rack Holds 2015 World Weightlifting Championships - YouTube

But....but.....now the quarter squat bros will put the bar in the bottom of press position, quarter squat still and say they're going for jerk dips...

(Whilst never ever doing oly)

I wish I had recorded this for everyone. Last night a young woman was in the power rack with the bar in a high-bar position. But she was on her knees in an upright kneeling position. She then proceeded to do what looked like a squat with the upper half of her body, dropping down into a near face-down position where I guess she was supplicating to the squat gods for the travesty she was performing.

"I'm not worthy"

Damn right!!

Had a funny situations today. While I was doing my first warmup on DL with 1 plate per side I heard one of the personal trainers saying "that's how you deadlift if you wanna snap your spine". I didn't see him but recognized the guy by voice. When I was done I was looking around to get eye contact with him (he was quite a few metres away from me). When I finally did I asked "Did you say something?" (not literally but I can't find a better translation, it was somewhat of a slang term with a taunting, provocative meaning). Having heard him for the rest of my session.

When heading to the locker room he was at this PT stand and I really tried hard to get eye contact with him, unsuccesfully since he was avoiding it.

Fitness model/IG star dies in an accident with a whip cream bottle: Fitness Model Rebecca Burger Killed by Exploding Whipped Cream Canister | TMZ.com

This is a joke, right? Has to be a joke...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kpalmquist View Post
    I wish I had recorded this for everyone. Last night a young woman was in the power rack with the bar in a high-bar position. But she was on her knees in an upright kneeling position. She then proceeded to do what looked like a squat with the upper half of her body, dropping down into a near face-down position where I guess she was supplicating to the squat gods for the travesty she was performing.

"I'm not worthy"

Damn right!!
    This was probably some form of a good morning.