starting strength gym
Page 2311 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1311181122112261230123092310231123122313232123612411 ... LastLast
Results 23,101 to 23,110 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wonder what she was using the canister for, whipped cream to use in a.sexual way or sucking in the nitros oxide gas to get high.

I looked it up -

From Breaking Muscle (and other sources):

Kneeling Squats

The kneeling squat seems complicated and dangerous until you try it. It actually simplifies the squat by limiting it to a one-joint movement (the hip hinge). To do kneeling squats, kneel on the floor with a bar on your back. Use a cushion under your knees if you experience discomfort. Sit back until your butt touches your calves, then sit back up. You should feel glute activation in this movement.

So - taking a very effective movement and making it far less useful.
    Last edited by kpalmquist; 06-26-2017 at 11:01 AM.

But you will feel better glute activation doing these!

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Dude did several sets of what I can only describe as dynamic quarter-shrugs with 185. Predictably followed by throwing the weight down, strutting to an area to rest, and doing the lift-shirt-check-out-abs move.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    Dude did several sets of what I can only describe as dynamic quarter-shrugs with 185. Predictably followed by throwing the weight down, strutting to an area to rest, and doing the lift-shirt-check-out-abs move.
    Is this what makes abs grow? If so, maybe I should try doing that in front of my wife more often. Except my abs are hidden by 30lbs of weight gain over the last 5 months...

Saw some silly bullshit come across my facebook feed. Women doing classes with bungee cords attached to them.

First Bungee Workout Class in US-Chandler AZ - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by kpalmquist View Post
    I looked it up -

Kneeling Squats

The kneeling squat seems complicated and dangerous until you try it. It actually simplifies the squat by limiting it to a one-joint movement (the hip hinge). To do kneeling squats, kneel on the floor with a bar on your back. Use a cushion under your knees if you experience discomfort. Sit back until your butt touches your calves, then sit back up. You should feel glute activation in this movement.

If she was getting into a face down position, wouldn't she be doing some kind of kneeling good morning instead of a kneeling squat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinic View Post
    Saw some silly bullshit come across my facebook feed. Women doing classes with bungee cords attached to them.

Well, they're certainly giving PrancerciseŽ️ a run for its money (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by kpalmquist View Post
    I looked it up -

Kneeling Squats

Actually, further proof that "trainers" are clueless on coaching these movements.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinic View Post

That does look quite silly. It has potential as a performance art, but I think it would be hard to market a class that needs a hook on the ceiling for each participant.