starting strength gym
Page 2314 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1314181422142264230423122313231423152316232423642414 ... LastLast
Results 23,131 to 23,140 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    He looks to have very low BF right now also, was thinking maybe he's just weak after a big cut? cwd has a good thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Obvious guess is that video is shown out of context. I.e. he just finished 2 hours of lat/biceps exercises to failure.
    Watch first 3 minutes if the video and you'll find out it's not true (assuming all his sets are shown in the vid), not to mention Jackson didn't say "I'm too tired for pullups", he said "I can't do pullups". Besides if you're even semi-proficient at pullups you can crank out at least one rep no matter how much pulling volume you've done prior. And let's not forget that his recovery abilities are massively enhanced

This goon in the gym with me right now is slamming the weight at the end of each and every set he does.

Including tricep pull downs.

The bros at the SIU Rec Center do this all the time. I've had to learn how to tune it out.

Guy in the rack next to me last night dropped the bar on the spotter arms after his 95# rows. It was loud enough to startle me. Almost said something then thought better of it.

Twice this week I saw trainers overseeing horrific deadlifts. One was way too much weight and the guy totally flexed his lower back scared cat style, got it about halfway up the thigh then started hitching it to try to finish but never got the lower back locked back out. Second was what looked like a first time DLer. Trainer had no clue how to get the guy setup or tight. They don't even offer cues - just sit there and watch and say good job.

$5 Reward paid (via PayPal) to this first SS board member who performs and films this exercise in a public gym while people are present and permanently it uploads it to Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/BV8mFwdBG3y/

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    $5 Reward paid (via PayPal) to this first SS board member who performs and films this exercise in a public gym while people are present and permanently it uploads it to Instagram:

Instagram
    I think we need to see a race between two folks...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    I think we need to see a race between two folks...
    I was just thinking that instead of the new IWF "whoever did it first" rule for ties, there should be a tie breaker round instead.

I nominate butt walk races.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post

Instagram
    With a 15 lb barbell... to build strength.