starting strength gym
Page 2316 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1316181622162266230623142315231623172318232623662416 ... LastLast
Results 23,151 to 23,160 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    I don't think I need to say anything about this.

Instagram
    What in the ****

I don't think I need to say anything about this.

Instagram
    Yep. Whatever you do, do NOT listen to what your body is telling you.

Seeing stuff like this is helpful because it reminds you how far someone can get training like an idiot. Train just as hard but smart - imagine how much FURTHER you'll get.

Funny. That is a women's bar. So 33 lbs.
    I have seen people doing a similar movement with kettlebells.
    My sister's cat drags it ass across the floor like that. :-) They might be onto something!

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    My sister's cat drags it ass across the floor like that. :-) They might be onto something!
    How are its glutes?

He's a SHW, but I can tell he has a solid core doing all that ass dragging.

Now granted my gym normally opens at 0445hrs on weekdays, but since it's Jesus's birthday or whatever today, they opened at 0700hrs instead. So I expect a bit of fuckery from the people who are used to being there at oh-god-thirty and nobody's around to tut or tsk at them for being douchebags.

But this guy takes the cake: using a power cage for shrugs, a squat rack for deadlifts (mind you three empty platforms right next to him), a fixed flat bench for hip thrusters, a leg press (for leg pressing), the seated calf press, and a different power cage for pull-ups. All on some random crazy circuit that never went in the same order twice.

It was almost like he was just trying to use as much equipment as possible all at once or something.

Luckily there were still very few people in when I got there, and my gym has plenty of gear, so I got my stuff done without more than a quizzical eyebrow raise & a chuckle at this dunderhead. But I'd like to see him try that shit at rush hour.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleman View Post
    Now granted my gym normally opens at 0445hrs on weekdays, but since it's Jesus's birthday or whatever today, they opened at 0700hrs instead. So I expect a bit of fuckery from the people who are used to being there at oh-god-thirty and nobody's around to tut or tsk at them for being douchebags.

But this guy takes the cake: using a power cage for shrugs, a squat rack for deadlifts (mind you three empty platforms right next to him), a fixed flat bench for hip thrusters, a leg press (for leg pressing), the seated calf press, and a different power cage for pull-ups. All on some random crazy circuit that never went in the same order twice.

It was almost like he was just trying to use as much equipment as possible all at once or something.

Luckily there were still very few people in when I got there, and my gym has plenty of gear, so I got my stuff done without more than a quizzical eyebrow raise & a chuckle at this dunderhead. But I'd like to see him try that shit at rush hour.
    I know this guy. Middle-aged? Dad "bod?" Terrible form? Used to do the same routine at the globo I used to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I know this guy. Middle-aged? Dad "bod?" Terrible form? Used to do the same routine at the globo I used to go to.
    Sadly, no. Really fit-looking Asian guy actually. Which makes it all teh more baffling.

starting strength coach development program
    My gym recently bought three new Texas Power Bars. Nice. But where do they end up? In the Power Racks? No, just the old bars with worn knurling on the Power Racks. There's one on the Bench Press - OK. One on the Incline Bench - OK, I guess. Where is the third one? Wait, there it is! In the far corner of the gym in the T-bar swivel. Gotta have the latest equipment for those T-bar rows! It's kind of hard to see it behind the guy on the Hammer Calf-Raise machine doing 3 inch Hack Squats.