starting strength gym
Page 2318 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1318181822182268230823162317231823192320232823682418 ... LastLast
Results 23,171 to 23,180 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Apparently not.

"Butt walk challenge" reminds me of this:

Ok, I'm going to try it.

And I tried to challenge people to the bar/butt challenge and got no takers. [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    Wait! Has no one on the board taken up the butt walk challenge???
    My sister's cat did it. I didn't get a video, but he threw down the gauntlet.

Wait! Has no one on the board taken up the butt walk challenge???
    Just waiting to complete my rehab

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I'd try it but my garage floor looks like it would shave a few mm of flesh each cheek shuffle, and that would stain my lucky shorts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    My sister's cat did it. I didn't get a video, but he threw down the gauntlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    Just waiting to complete my rehab
    Ok, it's on. Just not sure if I need to sketch my QL on my back too.

Ok, it's on. Just not sure if I need to sketch my QL on my back too.
    I would sketch it. The muscle could be sleeping, and that will help wake it up so it fires correctly.

The QL is a huge deal on amateur flag football leagues. I think it's also big on the vertical jumping bidness.

Joined a new gym Sat and went for the first time tonight. Pros: 2 power racks, straight bars, and lock collars instead of spring clips. Cons: Very small for a globo gym, no showers, and very little knurl on said straight bars.

Warming up deadlift and two young bros are watching me. One says, "He's not locking it out though", at 275. They went to the other side of the gym when I loaded 315. Girl next to me on the Smith machine tells her boyfriend, "He's just setting it down."

Not that I'm all that strong yet but judging from the stares I was getting I suspect they don't see many do anything with 3 plates unless it's on the leg press.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMike View Post
    Contrast that to several bros across the way performing the latest craze, seated calf raises in the smith machine with the "manpon" to protect their tender knees. Silliest BS I've seen in a while...
    That's enough reason for me! I'm joining a gym solely to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    My gym only has one decent bar, but there are only 6 people total who actually need it and go out of their way to use it: myself, 2 powerlifters, an Oly lifter and 2 Crossfit gals. We have formed a bit of an alliance and share it as needed based on the needs of the day. The bros generally don't seem to have any bar preference at all.
    Our Lifetime (bigger Globo gym) has 3 decent men's Oly bearing bars; and 5 women's bars.

And then they have a ton a shit bars: 29 and 32mm weird shit, with abnormal ring markings that aren't OL or PL.
    The things where the allen screw always works its way out.

The few lifters at our gym that know any better, have to constantly rescue the bars from the landmine attachments, and the metal racks with the metal bladed J-cups.
    . . .idiots using them for 6 plate Beta-Density shrug/rackpulls and slamming them into the rack.

See guys doing heavy decline benches w/ a good spinning bearing bar . . . with no thumbs false grip.

Even if they aren't abusing them, its frustrating when you want to clean or snatch and they're all being used for bosu-jefferson-squats w/ 95#.

There is only a few people who 'need' it, as you say above.
    We do the trade off thing if there's no good bars available.
    We do that with the platforms/racks too.

starting strength coach development program
    Ladies, beware your fossae and: Instagram