Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious - Page 2359

starting strength gym
Page 2359 of 2411 FirstFirst ... 135918592259230923492357235823592360236123692409 ... LastLast
Results 23,581 to 23,590 of 24101

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

  1. #23581
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    28,975

    Default

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Dude. You should have been in US gyms in the 80's. Tapered belts and fingerless gloves were a de rigueur fashion statement that I too fell under the spell of. After Stay Hungry came out, it changed the culture.

  2. #23582
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dude. You should have been in US gyms in the 80's. Tapered belts and fingerless gloves were a de rigueur fashion statement that I too fell under the spell of. After Stay Hungry came out, it changed the culture.
    I've always hated fashion. In most cases it's just being a sheep, but it's excusable when you don't have internet. But when you have, but still doing those mistakes? Well...

  3. #23583
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    28,975

    Default

    Keep in mind Kiril, in the 80's Algore's invention of the internet had not quite hit the general public. Which was also true for much of the 90's as well.

  4. #23584
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Keep in mind Kiril, in the 80's Algore's invention of the internet had not quite hit the general public. Which was also true for much of the 90's as well.
    My first email account is from 1998, if my Alzheimer hasn't gone too far. It was on a school computer. The big internet came to me at least five years later.

  5. #23585
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    540

    Default

    IMG_1281.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dude. You should have been in US gyms in the 80's. Tapered belts and fingerless gloves were a de rigueur fashion statement that I too fell under the spell of. After Stay Hungry came out, it changed the culture.

  6. #23586
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Boulder, CO USA
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    My first email account is from 1998, if my Alzheimer hasn't gone too far. It was on a school computer. The big internet came to me at least five years later.
    Mine is from 1974. ;-)

  7. #23587
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    28,975

    Default

    Wait! Wasn't Algore still taking photos in Viet Nam then?

    Hmmm, there's something fishy here.

  8. #23588
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olddognewtricks View Post
    Mine is from 1974. ;-)
    In 1974 I was still in another dimension.) Anyway, in my city I doubt there even where any computers back then.

  9. #23589
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    In 1974 I was still in another dimension.) Anyway, in my city I doubt there even where any computers back then.
    I had a netnews feed in the late 1980s, on unix systems that polled each other via modems at scheduled times (UUCP net). Then actual internet around 1990, though it was just text in those days -- pre-web.

    The shit-talking in the unmoderated parts of netnews was very very similar to modern forums. People are people.

  10. #23590
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Guy in the rack next to me was doing rows off the floor. He hadn't cleared the work space well enough and there was a collar on the platform. When he dropped the weight after the last rep it hit the collar and rolled directly back into his shin. He's a good dude so I felt more sympathy than lulz.

    Same session - I'm warming up squats. Have 225 on the bar, belt on the platform, bag and other shoes behind the rack, water bottle, phone, just all my shit so you know it's occupied. I walk the 100' to the bathroom, use it (#1), wash hands and walk back out and some jackass has already deloaded my bar to 135 and is half squatting with his GF behind him watching. All while there's an open rack two over. "Were you using this?" How can one be so oblivious?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •