starting strength gym
Page 2359 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 135918592259230923492357235823592360236123692409 ... LastLast
Results 23,581 to 23,590 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dude. You should have been in US gyms in the 80's. Tapered belts and fingerless gloves were a de rigueur fashion statement that I too fell under the spell of. After Stay Hungry came out, it changed the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Dude. You should have been in US gyms in the 80's. Tapered belts and fingerless gloves were a de rigueur fashion statement that I too fell under the spell of. After Stay Hungry came out, it changed the culture.
    I've always hated fashion. In most cases it's just being a sheep, but it's excusable when you don't have internet. But when you have, but still doing those mistakes? Well...

Keep in mind Kiril, in the 80's Algore's invention of the internet had not quite hit the general public. Which was also true for much of the 90's as well.

Keep in mind Kiril, in the 80's Algore's invention of the internet had not quite hit the general public. Which was also true for much of the 90's as well.
    My first email account is from 1998, if my Alzheimer hasn't gone too far. It was on a school computer. The big internet came to me at least five years later.

IMG_1281.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    My first email account is from 1998, if my Alzheimer hasn't gone too far. It was on a school computer. The big internet came to me at least five years later.
    Mine is from 1974. ;-)

Wait! Wasn't Algore still taking photos in Viet Nam then?

Hmmm, there's something fishy here.

Quote Originally Posted by olddognewtricks View Post
    Mine is from 1974. ;-)
    In 1974 I was still in another dimension.) Anyway, in my city I doubt there even where any computers back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    In 1974 I was still in another dimension.) Anyway, in my city I doubt there even where any computers back then.
    I had a netnews feed in the late 1980s, on unix systems that polled each other via modems at scheduled times (UUCP net). Then actual internet around 1990, though it was just text in those days -- pre-web.

The shit-talking in the unmoderated parts of netnews was very very similar to modern forums. People are people.

starting strength coach development program
    Guy in the rack next to me was doing rows off the floor. He hadn't cleared the work space well enough and there was a collar on the platform. When he dropped the weight after the last rep it hit the collar and rolled directly back into his shin. He's a good dude so I felt more sympathy than lulz.

Same session - I'm warming up squats. Have 225 on the bar, belt on the platform, bag and other shoes behind the rack, water bottle, phone, just all my shit so you know it's occupied. I walk the 100' to the bathroom, use it (#1), wash hands and walk back out and some jackass has already deloaded my bar to 135 and is half squatting with his GF behind him watching. All while there's an open rack two over. "Were you using this?" How can one be so oblivious?