Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious - Page 2360

starting strength gym
Page 2360 of 2418 FirstFirst ... 136018602260231023502358235923602361236223702410 ... LastLast
Results 23,591 to 23,600 of 24174

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

  1. #23591
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinic View Post
    Have 225 on the bar, belt on the platform, bag and other shoes behind the rack, water bottle, phone, just all my shit so you know it's occupied. I walk the 100' to the bathroom, use it (#1), wash hands and walk back out and some jackass has already deloaded my bar to 135 and is half squatting with his GF behind him watching. All while there's an open rack two over. "Were you using this?" How can one be so oblivious?
    Jerkass, no doubt.
    I try to understand his logic: if you have a lot of customers, who don't put back the weights, and who leave their belongings all over the gym, he could have thought YOUR rack is one of them. So, he approached it; moreover, he could've been distracted by his gf, trying to impress her.
    Anyway, hope you explained him who's the boss in the premises.

  2. #23592
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,983

    Default

    A jerk to be certain. Although looked at from a perspective of self absorbed laziness, it's easier to take 45's off a bar and let them down than it is to load an empty bar.

  3. #23593
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Jerkass, no doubt.
    I try to understand his logic: if you have a lot of customers, who don't put back the weights, and who leave their belongings all over the gym, he could have thought YOUR rack is one of them. So, he approached it; moreover, he could've been distracted by his gf, trying to impress her.
    Anyway, hope you explained him who's the boss in the premises.
    I keep my snark internal..and here. They were semi-politely directed to the open rack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    A jerk to be certain. Although looked at from a perspective of self absorbed laziness, it's easier to take 45's off a bar and let them down than it is to load an empty bar.
    To be fair, he did ask if I wanted him to reload the bar.

  4. #23594
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Watching the most popular but most useless personal trainer in my gym trying to teach her (30s, reasonably athletic) female client to squat. The client seems to get the sense that maybe she should be going lower than the 1/8th squat she's doing. So the trainer tries really hard to get her to be able to go "all the way down" to a 1/4 squat. There were tons of stupidity- using the safeties to define the bottom of the squat, not mentioning stance, bar position, etc, but instead just saying "sit back like you're sitting down" with a high bar position, "now try to do 10-15", "I'm just really concerned about your back during this." The client even said "maybe it'd be easier if I did like 5 at a time" "no, you can totally do 10 at this weight"

    It's one of those times where watching someone doing something so badly makes you want to just step in and be like "shut up and let me show the poor woman." I could have had her squatting properly in 5 minutes instead of the 30 minutes of stupidity that resulted in terrible quarter squats.

  5. #23595
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    So there was a ďLift up for AutismĒ event at my gym today, great cause and a decent amount of money raised.

    However, the lift they decided on was power cleans.

    The guy filming is the owner, the woman a trainer at the gym, check the form...

    Comments

  6. #23596
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Ps - please donít post any comments hammering him, itís a decent gym and cheap as fuck Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

  7. #23597
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budgie Smuggler View Post
    Ps - please donít post any comments hammering him, itís a decent gym and cheap as fuck Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious
    The form is good.

  8. #23598
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hello everyone,

    I’ve been reading for a while but this is my first time posting. I’ve been trying to make my way through the thread but still have a while to go to get caught up. Anyways, thought I’d add a couple of strange looking things I’ve seen/read about:

    Guy A in the smith machine sitting on the ground doing presses. Guy B spotting him, with his hands never leaving the bar. So it’s basically a 2-person press-curl combo. For some reason Guy B is standing in front of Guy A, so the only thing separating Guy B’s crotch from Guy A’s face is the bar.

    I finish my workout and am sitting down waiting for my girlfriend to get her purse from the locker room. Another guy is doing triceps on the cable machine in front of me. He finishes a set and sits down to rest. Another guy walks towards the cable. So the guy sitting next to me leaps up and throws his sweat towel off to the side, hitting me in the face with it, rushes over to the cable, nearly body checks the other guy, and starts another set. On the one hand I get that it’s annoying to lose your machine, but there’s another one open right next to it, and it’s not like you’ve gotta move weights or anything to load it up. No need to rush so much that you’ve gotta toss your sweat towel in my face.

    Finally, one that I read: don’t stick your junk in the weights
    Firefighters smash weight after man in Germany got it stuck on his penis | Metro News

    Thanks for all the laughs. I realize I’m just starting out and am the furthest thing from a gym badass (to be perfectly blunt my power cleans are still so bad they could probably be placed here), but whenever I feel bad about how weak I am I remember that at least I’m not doing the stuff mentioned on this thread.

  9. #23599
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Israel - Jerusalem District
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fkloa View Post
    So the guy sitting next to me leaps up and throws his sweat towel off to the side, hitting me in the face with it, rushes over to the cable, nearly body checks the other guy, and starts another set. On the one hand I get that it’s annoying to lose your machine, but there’s another one open right next to it, and it’s not like you’ve gotta move weights or anything to load it up. No need to rush so much that you’ve gotta toss your sweat towel in my face.
    That made me laugh. Seriously. Next time try to strangle him with his fucking towel, while he's doing his curls.

  10. #23600
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,983

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    A towel applies the pressure too broadly across the carotids to work quickly, effectively, or for that matter, at all. Piano wire, like got used on Lucca Brassi.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •