starting strength gym
Page 2389 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 13891889228923392379238723882389239023912399 ... LastLast
Results 23,881 to 23,890 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by KangaJoo View Post
    Learned to not ask a people covered in sweat to give me a spot on the bench press. Ended up getting two drops of sweat directly in my left eye on the 4th rep.
    You have the sweat. Now all that remains, is having some blood, toil and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    You have the sweat. Now all that remains, is having some blood, toil and tears.
    Nothing like a little HIV while benching.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Nothing like a little HIV while benching.

HIV? Why so? Unless there is a rape being involved in the benching process.

Today I went to a gym I hardly ever go to. I have a big leg length discrepancy, about 2.5 inches. They have some 100lbs plates that are just about right for my short leg. I wait for a woman with a trainer who works at the gym to finish squatting the empty bar and get out of the rack, and then I do my work sets, with one foot on the plate. The "trainer" has the woman doing pretty normal "leg day" stuff, but then as I'm doing my last work set I see he is showing her how to squat with one foot on an aerobic stepper thing. Is this a thing? Or did he get inspired seeing me squat with one leg on something? I felt vaguely insulted, I've struggled so much with stance, trying to keep my hips even, etc to progress on my squat, and here is someone artificially inducing my birth defect. Kind of like when someone pretends to be disabled, it's kind of insulting to disabled persons. Has anyone else seen this? It seems like trainers keep weights really light, because decent weight would injure people with the stupid stuff they have people do.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdavid View Post
    Today I went to a gym I hardly ever go to. I have a big leg length discrepancy, about 2.5 inches. They have some 100lbs plates that are just about right for my short leg. I wait for a woman with a trainer who works at the gym to finish squatting the empty bar and get out of the rack, and then I do my work sets, with one foot on the plate. The "trainer" has the woman doing pretty normal "leg day" stuff, but then as I'm doing my last work set I see he is showing her how to squat with one foot on an aerobic stepper thing. Is this a thing? Or did he get inspired seeing me squat with one leg on something? I felt vaguely insulted, I've struggled so much with stance, trying to keep my hips even, etc to progress on my squat, and here is someone artificially inducing my birth defect. Kind of like when someone pretends to be disabled, it's kind of insulting to disabled persons. Has anyone else seen this? It seems like trainers keep weights really light, because decent weight would injure people with the stupid stuff they have people do.
    I'd just be happy you were lucky enough to not be born with that trainer's mental defect(s).

Saw someone bench pressing with an odd setup. They had a 10 lb plate, then a 5 lb plate, then a collar, then another 5 lb plate outside of the collar on each side of the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by KangaJoo View Post
    Saw someone bench pressing with an odd setup. They had a 10 lb plate, then a 5 lb plate, then a collar, then another 5 lb plate outside of the collar on each side of the bar.
    This is just laziness and nothing else imo

Because I don’t know where else to put this. Brilliant meme.

The Overheard Press on Instagram: “#americanchopper #tooreal #crossfit”

starting strength coach development program
    Today at the gym I overheard a trainer instructing her obviously new client in kettlebell squats:

"I look for the back angle to be the same as the shin angle."

"It's harder when your feet are closer together because there is less surface area."