starting strength gym
Page 2391 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 13911891229123412381238923902391239223932401 ... LastLast
Results 23,901 to 23,910 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Its not that bad for me. My rec center has a cross fit room with 3 stations. And they're always empty. But in the weight room it's like a zoo. Sad.. I would like to use a dumbbell now and then. But I'll never squeeze in there.

Need some help people - I showed a friend the video that poser linked to yesterday. He thought it was the most insane thing he had ever seen. I told him about the guy that literally appears to be mentally unhinged and recording deadlifts in a courtyard or patio with incredible round back and awful hitching. I think he also passed out on one set. Then we he woke up he was rambling incoherently to the camera. As if that video wasn't bad enough, he started a website detailing his training. I think it was medieval "based" training. Or primitive, or primal... I really cannot remember.

Does any of that sound familiar?

That does sound familiar. It may very well even be buried in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    That does sound familiar. It may very well even be buried in this thread.
    Oh I am sure it is on this thread, I just can't seem to find the post. My search has been fruitless so far. I was hoping someone knew him by his website. I remember he ended up competing and doing somewhat well. I'll keep looking, there are some gems on this thread and it is hilarious to see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by BigViffer View Post
    Oh I am sure it is on this thread, I just can't seem to find the post. My search has been fruitless so far. I was hoping someone knew him by his website. I remember he ended up competing and doing somewhat well. I'll keep looking, there are some gems on this thread and it is hilarious to see them again!
    Max Misch, aka Diesel Weasel ?? His early videos in his driveway were stuff of legend but he did clean up his technique and compete at a decent level from memory

Guy at the gym asked me to spot him on what he self-described as a "guillotine press," which is a decline bench in the smith machine with the bar purposely positioned over the neck to work the upper pecs, apparently. When I expressed that it looked kinda dangerous, he said "Yeah, that's why I do it in the smith machine."

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie623 View Post
    Max Misch, aka Diesel Weasel ?? His early videos in his driveway were stuff of legend but he did clean up his technique and compete at a decent level from memory
    Had to look that guy up, nope. That's isn't the guy. He looks far too professional and sane to be the one I am talking about. I've gone through a couple hundred pages looking for the guy I am talking about. Seriously cannot believe I forgot his name or website. It's literally jaw dropping awful.

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    Now he's a comedian. Or actor.

YouTube

Tales from the globo....

Saw a guy load up a barbell on the rack supports. He dipped under the bar and started doing bodyweight rows. After the set, he loaded more weight on the bar (maybe the bar was slipping I thought). But after four sets of him progressively loading more weight on the bar, I'm left with the impression that he is calculating some imaginary weight offset to his exercise. Awesome.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnal View Post
    after four sets of him progressively loading more weight on the bar, I'm left with the impression that he is calculating some imaginary weight offset to his exercise. Awesome.
    Adding weight above him? Well clearly that increases the gravity of the bar, it ever so slightly helps pull him up.