starting strength gym
Page 2402 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 14021902230223522392240024012402240324042412 ... LastLast
Results 24,011 to 24,020 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Erok View Post
    Spotted the other day: A wannabe powerlifter benching sets across, apparently too shy to ask for help placing the board on his chest. He strapped it to himself using a green resistance band, like a cross-your-heart bra. Everyone was worried that the board was going to see-saw, using his ribs as the fulcrum, and knock him in the chin. (Didn't happen, though.)
    Spoiler: that guy was me.
    They make a foam block thing that self-attaches to the bar for this.
    Somewhere once I saw a video where a guy makes the same thing himself, a DYI thing ....out of foam.
    Can't find the FYI video though, sorry

YouTube

oh, and a guy walked in the toilet area in the locker room at my gym .... barefoot.
    Used the urinal, was standing barefoot in pee splatter/drips no doubt.

Odd

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    They make a foam block thing that self-attaches to the bar for this.
    Somewhere once I saw a video where a guy makes the same thing himself, a DYI thing ....out of foam.
    Can't find the FYI video though, sorry

YouTube
    I've seen guys using those. They work really well, and I might borrow one sometime. Until then, I actually really like the banded board bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Percy_Heat View Post
    Some awesome squats at about 180kg (400lbs) going on at my gym today. Check out that depth!

That may be a nice bar and plates, which we could be jealous of. But the rest of the equipment seems to think it's "elite", and this guy thinks he is, for sure. Give me a nice bar, but iron plates will do, and a basic Rogue power rack on a plain plywood and mat platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    That may be a nice bar and plates, which we could be jealous of. But the rest of the equipment seems to think it's "elite", and this guy thinks he is, for sure. Give me a nice bar, but iron plates will do, and a basic Rogue power rack on a plain plywood and mat platform.
    The equipment is standard issue for this chain gym. It works well enough. I'd prefer a basic rack tho.

The guy seems a nice guy. Just v misguided about what a squat is, but then I see so many horror show squats at my gym.

We have the same racks at my gym, they’re actually pretty good as far as chain equipment goes.

Some awesome squats at about 180kg (400lbs) going on at my gym today. Check out that depth!

The equipment is standard issue for this chain gym. It works well enough. I'd prefer a basic rack tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgie Smuggler View Post
    We have the same racks at my gym, they’re actually pretty good as far as chain equipment goes.

Those rear-platform-part on those look tiny.
    Fine for deadlifts though, but does any one do Olympic lifts on those? (i.e. full lifts, not just PCs)

Seems like they really skimped out on the rubberized area there.
    Maybe only 4' front to back? maybe even less "effective area" the way the corners are chopped off.

My gym went with a small "half platform" thing maybe 5' long x ~8' wide.
    Those just barely work for quick lifts.
    Say if you have to step forward to secure a jerk or snatch real bad,
    you have to step back (with the bar overhead?!?!?!) to drop it right in the rubber.

There’s one guy that dresses up in full oly gear, but I’ve only ever seen him do a few of what can only be described as deadlift to rows with 40 mins of stretching afterwards.

I think they’re primarily for deadlifting, as you say there’s no room for bailing an oly lift there.

starting strength coach development program
    Looks like he has gloves on and is lifting in socks. At least he took his running shoes off. Luckily he has mirrors to stare at to admire his form...