starting strength gym
Page 2406 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 14061906230623562396240424052406240724082416 ... LastLast
Results 24,051 to 24,060 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Today I had the bar set up for my top set of deadlifts for the day and, since it was the last thing I had to do and I didn’t want to mess it up, I walked away and sat down for a few minutes. When I got back, there was this girl who had banded her knees together and was doing some weird left-right squat walk facing away from the bar not two paces away from where I was about to lift - picture the scene and you will visualize the problem. There were only a few other people in the gym, so there was plenty of available floor space that wasn’t directly in front of a fully loaded barbell.

Anyway, I was in a rush, so I didn’t wait for her to finish and just did my set. And before you ask, I didn’t get distracted, except that I got off balance around knee height and had to grind for seven seconds to finish the last rep, so my attention was squarely focused there.

Today at a commercial gym a guy bench pressing in the squat rack, no harm there except he didn't use the safeties which were laying on the floor next to him. The very skinny 20 year old girl working there had to step in and save him after his reps failed.

Ok, live and learn? No. He continued to do 4 more sets of 4 or 5 reps and had to call the same girl back each time to "help" (it's all you bro!!) him on the last couple of reps. At no point did she tell him about the safeties.

What got me was that after his benching he then set up for upright rows. With the barbell sitting at knee height off the safeties. ......

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Green-Mud-Machine View Post
    . The very skinny 20 year old girl working there had to step in and save him after his reps failed.

Ok, live and learn? No. He continued to do 4 more sets of 4 or 5 reps and had to call the same girl back each time to "help" (it's all you bro!!) him on the last couple of reps.
    sounds like it was a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    He may have had ulterior motives...

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    He may have had ulterior motives...
    I'm ashamed to say this didn't occur to me, probably because I'm now old enough to be classed as a sex pest with that kind of behaviour to girls that age

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Green-Mud-Machine View Post
    I'm ashamed to say this didn't occur to me, probably because I'm now old enough to be classed as a sex pest with that kind of behaviour to girls that age
    Nothing makes a man feel old as a young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Nothing makes a man feel old as a young woman.
    And I thought, "Nothing makes an older man feel young as a young woman."

Quote Originally Posted by mangen View Post
    And I thought, "Nothing makes an older man feel young as a young woman."
    They're not mutually exclusive.

Does anyone watch Gym Fails on youtube? If not, I'd recommend. You'll either laugh or get really angry.

Reminds me of the George Carlin quote, "Think of how stupid the average person is. Then realize half of them are stupider than that!"

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Prine View Post
    Does anyone watch Gym Fails on youtube? If not, I'd recommend. You'll either laugh or get really angry.
    I think some of it's funny, but the other stuff makes me so uncomfortable in the same way that performance art does. For example those two people at 5:17
    Like, I understand why some 20 yo dude would scream through a 315 quarter squat. But the weird shit.. I just can't comprehend it.