starting strength gym
Page 2418 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1418191823182368240824162417241824192420 ... LastLast
Results 24,171 to 24,180 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Though seriously that was actually in a book? Please let me know if there is a name for them. lol
    YouTube

here it is!

I don’t know what is happening here.

This girl set the pins on the squat rack. Then she moved the bar down to the pins. She ran off and grabbed a bench and put it between the squat rack and the smith machine. She then took the bar out of the rack and placed it on the ground. Then she put the bench in the squat rack but over the bar. She kicked the bar out from under the bench. The bar went on top of the bench, balanced perpendicular to the bench. Then she put 25 pounds on one side. This, of course, caused the bar to fall off, which confused her. So she got some help and loaded the bar to about 100 pounds with no collars and took it out for a triple of RDLs (with wrist straps of course) at the same height as the pins. This absolutely floored her. She did it two more times and then took the plates off, placing the bar on top of the pins, with the bench still in the rack, stuck under the bar, and walked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Y View Post
    I don’t know what is happening here.
    Nobody does.

But it reminds me of wise words from my former boss: "I have given up on wanting to understand everything. Some things you don't need to understand." (in the context of irrational behaviour from strangers.)

A home gym is the best thing, but not as entertaining as globo gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Nobody does.

But it reminds me of wise words from my former boss: "I have given up on wanting to understand everything. Some things you don't need to understand." (in the context of irrational behaviour from strangers.)

A home gym is the best thing, but not as entertaining as globo gyms.
    After years of city gyms where you'd literally have to queue for the rack, now that I work at home I've finally found one near home with more than enough racks, benches etc. Busy gyms where you couldn't guarantee access to equipment made it almost impossible to follow a programme but now I am able to I am reading the book and wishing I'd read it years ago.

Unfortunately wherever you go these days though there are people filming themselves, to put on social media I assume. They don't look like they're looking for a form check.

Two more new ones:

1. Supine grip on empty barbell, in one motion do an RDL, bicep curl, to overhead press. Repeat for infinite reps and sets without changing weight.

2. 20-30 pound dumbbell in each hand, prone grip, arms hanging down, palms facing back. Oscillate dumbbells in frontal plane.

I like my new gym, along with being well equipped, it provides me with no end of interesting visual stimulation. Such as the gentleman being coached on the proper technique to do Jumping Bulgarian Lunges while swinging a kettle bell. Apparently, he wasn't able to synchronize the jumping and kettle bell swinging, so he told the coach, he was going to have to practice just the jumping Bulgarian lunges until he got them right.

Forgot a part: Apparently, he wasn't able to synchronize the jumping and kettle bell swinging, so after almost smashing his groin with the kettle bell a couple of times, he told the coach, he was going to have to practice just the jumping Bulgarian lunges until he got them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Forgot a part: Apparently, he wasn't able to synchronize the jumping and kettle bell swinging, so after almost smashing his groin with the kettle bell a couple of times, he told the coach, he was going to have to practice just the jumping Bulgarian lunges until he got them right.
    Sounds like training for a circus

Started back at the local gym and half squats seem to be the norm.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's a mystery perhaps someone here can solve for me...why the fuck does the second bar in this photo exist?