starting strength gym
Page 409 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3093593994074084094104114194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wait, what? You're supposed to get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by shootwillus View Post
    Seriously, if you are going to do something that gay (video above), you might as well put on some fishnets and lipstick and get paid for it.
    Oh fuck. Just add a bosu ball or two and the mess is complete.

Bosu ball you said?

I also think it is nice how swinging that blade in one hand trains the quads. Who needs squats anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post
    Bosu ball you said?
    I just felt the urge to gouge my eyes out with a blunt object.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Your gym sounds weird.

No centre knurling on an Eleiko bar will probably mean that it is a competition olympic weightlifting bar. They sell for around $1200 or something silly. I also noticed you have eleiko competition plates in your gym, but at the same time you have no platform and barely enough space to deadlift let alone clean & snatch.

Centre knurling does make a difference, but id be happy with some decent quality equipment.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, D!

Quote Originally Posted by Pjotor View Post
    Oh fuck. Just add a bosu ball or two and the mess is complete.
    I was at the gym yesterday, and two of the "senior" or "elite" trainers were working out together. One is a girl, the other a guy, but they are in charge of what happens at the YMCA. They were doing 1/2 squats on a bosu ball, supersetting that with 1/16 ROM leg presses. Horrible squat form too, other than just depth. Their backs were hunched over, and the girl fell off the bosu ball multiple times. The only thing that is nice about them is that they let me do whatever I want. I heard a lot of gym horror stories where people were told they couldn't do DL's or couldn't use chalk. This place is pretty lifter friendly.

Saw a guy unload one side of a bar, pick up the unloaded side, and use gravity to unload the other side, letting like 3 or 4 discs just fall on the ground. I wanted to go politely ask if he was a retard.

Must be a retard, because then he would have to pick the weights up off the ground. Gravity always has the last laugh. Well, unless he just left them there, then he's just an asshole.

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Saw a guy unload one side of a bar, pick up the unloaded side, and use gravity to unload the other side, letting like 3 or 4 discs just fall on the ground. I wanted to go politely ask if he was a retard.
    Was that from the rack? or was the bar on the ground? that's how i unload after deadlifts, but the weights dont fall, they just stack up neatly in a column.

starting strength coach development program
    It sounds like it's from the rack, because if it's from the ground, they just stack up like you describe.