starting strength gym
Page 411 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3113614014094104114124134214615119111411 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kje_simen View Post
    Bosu ball you said?

I also think it is nice how swinging that blade in one hand trains the quads. Who needs squats anyway?
    It looks like he is trying to strangle a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emaciated Freak View Post
    LOL

A fucking snake on crack, that is

Quote Originally Posted by John Bono View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Even though I'm a relative newb, I've seen some things. I could talk about how I seem to be the only person at the gym who doesn't use straps or gloves to DL, or about the guy who uses straps to curl 60lbs at the squat rack. I could talk about the guy who benches 225 a grand total of 3 inches, or the elite 24 fitness curl patrol, but honestly, I think they've been done in this thread enough. Our gym has something far worse.

We have our own IPod policeman.

This guy, who must be a duly sworn officer by the Department of Headset Affairs, has taken it as his personal mission to walk up to every human being at the gym and warn them that it is wrong to wear an Ipod. Usually he tries to say "You should be sharing your music with everyone"(Department of Headset Affairs legal code #1620) or "No Air Guitar in the Gym(DHA #1242). He goes from gymgoer to gymgoer, issuing verbal warning for violations of the headset code. He especially likes to issue citations to anyone who is in the process of psyching themselves up for a particularly hard and heavy set and doesn't want to be subjected to the dance club crap they call music at this gym.

I'd like to beat the cr*p out of him, but that would be Assaulting a Headset Enforcement Officer(DHA#1724).
    I would probably have a few words for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC1 View Post
    Yeah, that kind of stuff is crazy. It's a complete lack of consideration for someone else's personal safety (yours), and downright ignorance and lack of common sense. Like, really? You don't think it's a problem bumping into this heavy loaded barbell while I'm trying to suspend it overhead?
    I've had the same problem with the bros curling and leaning on the rack while I am POWER CLEANING! These dumbasses are why I get up a 5:45 AM to workout. I HATE mornings but it's the only time of day the gym is not full of idiots.

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swible View Post
    I've had the same problem with the bros curling and leaning on the rack while I am POWER CLEANING! These dumbasses are why I get up a 5:45 AM to workout. I HATE mornings but it's the only time of day the gym is not full of idiots.
    YES!! I had to tell a dude to move back the other week. I asked him, and he didnt move. I gave him 10 seconds, and then said "alright man, If these weights hit you in the face, I'm going to laugh at you" He moved back and then said "Oh, my bad, i thought you were just going to pick it up." DURRR

There should be a no-fly (no-bro?) zone around every power rack.

Quote Originally Posted by John2336 View Post
    YES!! I had to tell a dude to move back the other week. I asked him, and he didnt move. I gave him 10 seconds, and then said "alright man, If these weights hit you in the face, I'm going to laugh at you" He moved back and then said "Oh, my bad, i thought you were just going to pick it up." DURRR

There should be a no-fly (no-bro?) zone around every power rack.
    Agreed! Thus the early start time for me...I can curse, sling chalk, fart, drop weights and re-read PP quietly between sets. Nobody bothers me...most days.

Saw a dude crash his bike right into a lamp post today, in front of the library.

that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by jon cowie View Post
    You crazy bike guys you...
    As I am fond of saying: As a pedestrian I hate drivers...as a driver, I hate pedestrians. But as either one, I hate cyclists.

I've had people come to add/remove weights from the rack while i'm squatting/pulling/whatever. Really distracting, will be happy when someone gets clocked in the dome one of these days.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emaciated Freak View Post
    I kind of wonder if it's training for okie noodling...