starting strength gym
Page 412 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3123624024104114124134144224625129121412 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Some idiot was doing his version of heavy singles... just 305 on the bar. The funny thing, besides watching him struggle to move that pathetic weight, was every time he re racked the bar he would go into a sneezing fit.

Does anyone else sneeze after a heavy single? I emptied the gyms freakin tissue box.

Hehe, on tuesday there was this skinny guy at the gym. He went straight to the rack, and loaded it up with two 10kg plates. Maybe I would see my first squatter at the university gym here in Iceland? But, ack no, he did negative biceps curl. Now, this kid was nowhere even close to being able to put the 40kg back on the rack, so he took of the plates, put the bar on the rack, reloaded. Did this 10 times. Then he changed to 50kg total, about 10 times again. Then again, this time with 55kg I think, and like 5 times. He then did 3 "ankle raises" (sorry, I don't know what the name is).

Saturday: I felt really bad for this kid, I think he was doing SL 5x5 or something like it. When I came in he had an empty bar on the floor, was trying to do what looked like cleans. His form was terrible, and he was so nervous for doing something weird in the gym. He had his hands clasped in front of him and then every 5th second tugged his t-shirt down. He was a sad sight, but hopefully he will keep doing SL and GOMAD, and eventually he will become big and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikeb View Post
    Maybe I would see my first squatter at the university gym here in Iceland?
    So you're here in Iceland? Are you studying at the University?

My assumption was that everyone in Iceland has the surname "Magnusson" and uses 45lbs plates as Frisbees.

Well my surname is Magnusson but I don't use it much (full name Helgi Briem Magnusson).

There probably isn't a single 45 lb plate in the country, but yes, we use 20kg plates as frisbees.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    As I am fond of saying: As a pedestrian I hate drivers...as a driver, I hate pedestrians. But as either one, I hate cyclists.
    who gives a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by hbriem View Post
    There probably isn't a single 45 lb plate in the country, but yes, we use 20kg plates as frisbees.
    Owned by the metric system.

The metric system is a diabolical plot to take away our freedom. Its the new world order. The Macho Man Randy Savage predicted this way back in WCW. Attica! Attica!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikeb View Post
    Hehe, on tuesday there was this skinny guy at the gym. He went straight to the rack, and loaded it up with two 10kg plates. Maybe I would see my first squatter at the university gym here in Iceland? But, ack no, he did negative biceps curl. Now, this kid was nowhere even close to being able to put the 40kg back on the rack, so he took of the plates, put the bar on the rack, reloaded. Did this 10 times. Then he changed to 50kg total, about 10 times again. Then again, this time with 55kg I think, and like 5 times. He then did 3 "ankle raises" (sorry, I don't know what the name is).

Saturday: I felt really bad for this kid, I think he was doing SL 5x5 or something like it. When I came in he had an empty bar on the floor, was trying to do what looked like cleans. His form was terrible, and he was so nervous for doing something weird in the gym. He had his hands clasped in front of him and then every 5th second tugged his t-shirt down. He was a sad sight, but hopefully he will keep doing SL and GOMAD, and eventually he will become big and strong.
    There are no cleans in SL, so he was more likely doing SS or something different entirely

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    There are no cleans in SL, so he was more likely doing SS or something different entirely
    Oh.. He might have done SS then, didnt really catch his reps and sets, was buying trying to survive squatting with the bar bent in three directions (true story!)
    Quote Originally Posted by hbriem View Post
    So you're here in Iceland? Are you studying at the University?
    Yes and yes. Or rather, Im an exchange student in economics here, and currently hating my life. Snowing? Now? The weather is better in f%$#ng Greenland!