starting strength gym
Page 418 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3183684084164174184194204284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Dont knock mono-abs.

I wonder how I would react to people being so fucking imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    I saw a girl squatting yesterday. Form wasn't that great - 3/4 depth, knees in, looking up the whole time, and would explode into a calf raise at the top of each rep. This is not noteworthy, just the normal clueless gym bs.

However, what is noteworthy, is she had an AMAZING ass. Despite the form flaws listed above, she was able to build an amazing ass because she (a) had about 110 lbs on the bar, which looked pretty close to her body weight, and (b) even though she was only going to 3/4 depth, that's still way deeper than most people go

Why is it so hard for women to realize that if you want an amazing ass, the answer isn't hours on the elliptical machine, it's doing an exercise that actually uses your ass!
    Woman at my gym squats to parallel, (body builder style, but still parallel) most amazing legs ass ever. Plus we are friends (after we shared a squat rack to work in standing presses with each other) and we often work in squats and other exercises together on the rack, so being the great friend I am I make sure form is good when she squats...
    Last edited by Caje; 04-21-2011 at 07:26 PM.

gym is closed in respect to it being good friday today. i don't mind.

but they sell illegal steroids to any stranger wtf?!!

Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    gym is closed in respect to it being good friday today. i don't mind.
    Heh. My guy was open. Lots of people showed up, actually.

but they sell illegal steroids to any stranger wtf?!!
    Did you see the Diana Ball thread on our other forum?

Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    I saw a girl squatting yesterday. Form wasn't that great - 3/4 depth, knees in, looking up the whole time, and would explode into a calf raise at the top of each rep. This is not noteworthy, just the normal clueless gym bs.

However, what is noteworthy, is she had an AMAZING ass. Despite the form flaws listed above, she was able to build an amazing ass because she (a) had about 110 lbs on the bar, which looked pretty close to her body weight, and (b) even though she was only going to 3/4 depth, that's still way deeper than most people go

Why is it so hard for women to realize that if you want an amazing ass, the answer isn't hours on the elliptical machine, it's doing an exercise that actually uses your ass!
    That kind of asses should really be banned from barbell-gyms... It's goddamn frustrating when a heavy deadlift is missed when barbell hits the cock and stops dead just before the knees can lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Heh. My guy was open. Lots of people showed up, actually.

Did you see the Diana Ball thread on our other forum?
    haha Diana Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Dont knock mono-abs.
    Word! 1 keg is better than a 6 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Collar View Post
    I go to 24 hour fitness to work out...
    Wow, this sounds horrible. I am happy about my YMCA, no one does anything like that. Even the trainers let you do whatever you want. And the guy standing in front of you yelling while you were squatting... wtf is up with that?

starting strength coach development program
    Right as I was finishing up my warm up a big powerful looking woman who I had never seen before walked in and made a beeline straight for the cage and started a Burgerner style warm up. I over heard her talking to one of the trainers about her "usual" gym, and in explaining it she described the same general part of town as Orlando Barbell, a hardcore powerlifting gym containing some pretty damn impressive guys, and is where Gary Gibson trains. I thought about going over and asking if she knew Gary, but looked in the zone so I decided not to.

I'd finished my OHP and deads and she still hadnt actually done anything just more oly variations with an empty bar.

I then saw her doing a handstand (while maing a ton of commotion over it - it's a handstand, you're not getting f***ed by a horse) and got thinking.

I then finally saw her (power) snatch and remembered there is a Crossfit gym just down the road from Orlando BB.