starting strength gym
Page 550 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 5045050054054854955055155256060065010501550 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JStrong View Post
    JCavin, we've been devolving while you were away, assume every comment is a joke before you wonder if they're serious.

My most recent one: there's a skinny homeless-looking dude who smells terrible (I dont think he's homeless, just weird). When I walk into the locker room, I instantly know he's somewhere in the gym by the funk emanating from his locker.

Anyway, I went to do pullups and he was lying on a flat bench, with his feet in the air, holding a lat pulldown handle \__________/, and twirling it like a pair of nunchuks. And not well either, more like Star Wars kid level of quality. Then he started banging out a set of bench press. With the pulldown handle.

People are really weird.
    I didn't know we went to the same gym.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYT View Post
    Yeah, I seriously go to the gym in a shirt with the nipples cut out so my chest doesn't overheat on Chest & Biceps Day.

I also wear shorts with the asscheeks cut out on Legs & Biceps Day.

Here's a pic of me about to head to the gym on Abs & Biceps Day:

u jelly? u mirin? u mad?
    Hey! that shirt's got a clear plastic panel! it ain't helpin you cool off!

Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    There's a guy that's always on one of the ellipticals at my gym. He wears jeans and some heavy-ass down jacket, and moves so slowly it looks like he's running in slow motion.

This video isn't too far off from how fast he actually moves.

you ever been on the eliptical, brah? it's rilly intense

As an aside, I never understood how ellipticals are supposed to work. I never actually feel anything when i've used them and it feels like I might as well just stand in the corner for 20mins.

Doesn't seem to stop almost everyone in my gym using them for their main cardio.

Huh, I was joking, but they realy do get me blowed out pretty quick. Just one more thing I suck at

Quote Originally Posted by Alyion View Post
    As an aside, I never understood how ellipticals are supposed to work. I never actually feel anything when i've used them and it feels like I might as well just stand in the corner for 20mins.

Doesn't seem to stop almost everyone in my gym using them for their main cardio.
    have you tried moving your legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    You train at Quads?
    You train at Quads?

*looks at location* You used to train at Quads? You know about Quads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyion View Post

Have you turned up the resistance ?

Skinny kid was admiring the 110 kg I was benching, asked me about how I train.. I tell him about starting strength and this forum. He then tells me he is always very skeptical of these kinds of "fitness hypes". Of course it's good to be skeptical but you guys should have seen him train.

I still like him for not touching the bar when spotting, I'm getting sick of these people that just cannot resist even when I explicitly tell them to not to touch it unless absolutely necessary.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    have you tried moving your legs?
    aww man I knew I was forgetting something!

...guess this means my 600lb squat doesn't count either?