starting strength gym
Page 551 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154955055155255356160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Spotted yesterday: some dude doing a barbell complex with 55 pounds. The exercises included

1) Behind the back squat
    2) Deadlift (55 pounds!)
    3) Side bends
    4) Side lunges
    5) Rows

And some other stuff I didn't see. However, the real gem was the exercise he started off with: he bridges on the floor off of the top of his head and proceeds to do a set of floor presses. I was flabbergasted.

He then does the whole thing again with 45 pounds. I guess 55 was too intense to do twice.

He had a little sheet of paper that presumably listed his routine. I'm convinced he found a "10 stupidest things to do with a 55lb barbell" list online and decided it would make a good complex. The worst part is, I think that guy is a trainer at the gym. I'd hate to see what he has his clients doing.

Quote Originally Posted by quibblebarf View Post
    1) Behind the back squat
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by quibblebarf View Post
    However, the real gem was the exercise he started off with: he bridges on the floor off of the top of his head and proceeds to do a set of floor presses. I was flabbergasted.
    This is actually an old strongman trick. Not that I recommend this or think that a guy DLing 55 pounds should do these.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaLifter View Post
    Dude struggling hard to finish his last bench press rep. Just before he locks it out his girlfriend walks up and tickles the inside of his thigh. As soon as I saw her reaching out I knew it was going to be ugly. I thought he was going to strangle her.

Bitch should go to jail. And he has solid proof.

No, no, it's cute and charming and funny when girls hit guys. Especially when it's a kick to the balls, tee-hee. Girl power!

EDIT: Seriously, though, I'm curious as to why she felt the need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYT View Post
    No, no, it's cute and charming and funny when girls hit guys. Especially when it's a kick to the balls, tee-hee. Girl power!

Because he was only half squating. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by FKYT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WildPegasus View Post
    Because he was only half squating. Duh!
    I'm torn between "bitch should have been taken to a back alley and beaten with a barbell" and "dude had it coming, you don't do half-squats, it displeases the barbell gods"

Quote Originally Posted by unsorted View Post
    You train at Quads?

*looks at location* You used to train at Quads? You know about Quads?
    Heh, like I mentioned earlier, i couldn't see that link. My computer is hooked up to a 32in TV, so sometimes the blacks and blues look about the same. I asked because one of my friends trained there. He liked it a lot, but mentioned some of the same things you did about the "clientele". He might even be back there again, since he recently move back to Chicago (again).

We train out more on the west side of Chicago (Aurora, Oswego) at Ernie Frantz's gym and the Power Pit. We go down there every couple of weeks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Heh, like I mentioned earlier, i couldn't see that link. My computer is hooked up to a 32in TV, so sometimes the blacks and blues look about the same. I asked because one of my friends trained there. He liked it a lot, but mentioned some of the same things you did about the "clientele". He might even be back there again, since he recently move back to Chicago (again).

We train out more on the west side of Chicago (Aurora, Oswego) at Ernie Frantz's gym and the Power Pit. We go down there every couple of weeks.

Isn't Frantz's where Lilliebridge and Hickson train?