starting strength gym
Page 601 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159960060160260361165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    And there's Blake making a cunnilingus allusion.
    This is what happens when you make fun of my meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marotta View Post
    Some total fucking loser saw a hot girl look at him like 5 separate time while he was MOBing and couldn't think of anything to say to her to start a conversation.

Guess who the fuck it was.
    You should open with something charming, like you type on this board: "Hey, I'm Mark. I pretty much hate everyone."

Saw a guy in the squat rack, with just the bar, doing... I don't know what. Some weird, fucked-up hybrid of a high pull and a row?

He would start with the bar in the hang position and then, with elbows straight, swing it out in front of him. Once the bar got to chest-height, he would bend his arms and bring the bar towards him, ending with the bar touching his neck and his elbows way behind him. I wasn't sure what to think.

He probably thought he was doing a clean. General knowledge of how to do these things is even less than squats.

The other day I was doing powercleans, asked a fellow PT to have a look at my form. He told me I should flare my elbows out as the bar reached my sternum. I haven't asked him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan the Barbarian View Post
    You should open with something charming, like you type on this board: "Hey, I'm Mark. I pretty much hate everyone."
    Hi, I'm Mark, I call people faggot and make jokes about AIDS. Wanna go out sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    He probably thought he was doing a clean. General knowledge of how to do these things is even less than squats.

The other day I was doing powercleans, asked a fellow PT to have a look at my form. He told me I should flare my elbows out as the bar reached my sternum. I haven't asked him again.
    lol, "No I shouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post

If that's the case, it's actually even more hilarious because this happened while I was doing my sets of power cleans 15 feet away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trei View Post
    If that's the case, it's actually even more hilarious because this happened while I was doing my sets of power cleans 15 feet away from him.
    You get that all the time. There's that video I posted of the woman doing deep squats in one rack while some boys (not men) did quarter-squats in the next rack, totally oblivious.

I see this all the time. The other day when a woman client of mine had finished squatting 60kg x20, we stepped out of the rack to go bench, and a guy jumped straight in saying "leave the bar like that," did half mumbling squats with 60kg, quarter grunting squats with 100kg, and one-eighth screaming squats with 130kg. Oblivious.

That happens almost 95% of the time I have clients squat.

starting strength coach development program
    60kg x20 is pretty good.