starting strength gym
Page 901 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 401801851891899900901902903911951100114011901 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Damn, how can someone work up to a 500lb deadlift with form like that an not hurt themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Damn, how can someone work up to a 500lb deadlift with form like that an not hurt themselves?
    Youth... It will catch up to him eventually (not that I would want it to, just saying it will).

Some people never get hurt and become word record breaking powerlifters instead. I know a 65kg guy who deadlifts like that, he can pull 260kg. None of his training is structured, just typical bro stuff. Very casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Some people never get hurt and become word record breaking powerlifters instead. I know a 65kg guy who deadlifts like that, he can pull 260kg. None of his training is structured, just typical bro stuff. Very casual.

Second guy is Tom Martin. He does know how to Deadlift.

Sometimes when you are hitting a 1RM in competition or training for the first time the back rounds.
    Last edited by StrongLiftMyBalls; 05-04-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    That'd be the section on the deadlift.
    Is there a particular section where it tells you not to set your back or that more mass on the back won't help stop it from rounding?

Quote Originally Posted by unclean View Post
    Is there a particular section where it tells you not to set your back or that more mass on the back won't help stop it from rounding?
    I thought Greg was telling you to read the text in the screenshot because the guy recognizes that his back is rounded during the deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Some people never get hurt and become word record breaking powerlifters instead.
    Thing is, those 2 guys' lower backs looked fine. Thoracic flexion is quite common.

What reason could there be there for the 2 1/2 pound plates to be on opposite sides of the fucking gym! This is not the first time! I mean, is there somebody out there that only needs one for an exercise?

Here is a T-shirt idea. If somebody makes money out of it, all I ask is for a free T-shirt. I want it with the picture of a 2 1/2 plate on a carton of milk and the words 'have you seen this plate?'

Quote Originally Posted by unclean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    I thought Greg was telling you to read the text in the screenshot because the guy recognizes that his back is rounded during the deadlift.
    I honestly thought you were talking about Rip's pull. Rips lower back is in extension. Sking's comment applies.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    What reason could there be there for the 2 1/2 pound plates to be on opposite sides of the fucking gym! This is not the first time! I mean, is there somebody out there that only needs one for an exercise?

Here is a T-shirt idea. If somebody makes money out of it, all I ask is for a free T-shirt. I want it with the picture of a 2 1/2 plate on a carton of milk and the words 'have you seen this plate?'
    I like this. Also, why do we need 22 different brands and sizes of ten pound weights on the squat rack? shouldn't, I don't know, four be the maximum amount that would be needed. Same for 5s.