starting strength gym
Page 999 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rment View Post
    Why are you training for 4 hours?
    Advanced, elite lifters can get away with long sessions like that. It's obviously working for him.

Why are you training for 4 hours?
    Im running 20 rep squats and a 3x5 LP simultaneously. I treat monday as heavy day, a bit like TM heavy day it takes forever. The 3x5 once a week is not really enough to make the 3x5 easy the following week, plus the 20 reps 3x a week are a bitch to recover from also. So you can understand monday takes a long time, its mainly the 3x5 squats and the loading of deadlifts that takes the longest. Spent a while coaching somebody, some mobility warm ups and myofascial release on hamstrings.

I can't understand how any of that takes 4 hours. Let's say the 20 rep squats take 10 minutes, just to be generous. Then let's say each set of 3x5 squats takes 5 minutes, again just to be generous. That's 25 minutes of lifting, and over 3 and a half hours of resting. Even when I was doing 5x5 for Squats and Presses, 3x5 for RDL's, and four sets of neck harness, the most it would take is 2 and a half hours, and that's if I was being lazy.

edit: Okay, I remember you said you did bench and other stuff. Still ridiculous.

I can't understand how any of that takes 4 hours. Let's say the 20 rep squats take 10 minutes, just to be generous. Then let's say each set of 3x5 squats takes 5 minutes, again just to be generous. That's 25 minutes of lifting, and over 3 and a half hours of resting. Even when I was doing 5x5 for Squats and Presses, 3x5 for RDL's, and four sets of neck harness, the most it would take is 2 and a half hours, and that's if I was being lazy.

edit: Okay, I remember you said you did bench and other stuff. Still ridiculous.
    Dude. It's metric time, and they are five hours ahead of us.

I might have been slighty off, but it went something like this;

4pm; arrive in gym
    4.30pm; finish mobility warm up
    5.30pm; finish 3x5 squats (yes it took forever, had a belly ache for some reason, lots of rest between sets.)
    5.45pm; finish 20 rep squats
    6.15pm; finish benching
    6.45pm; finish deadlifts
    7.10pm; finish coaching
    7.35pm; finish ab work & chit chat
    8pm; finish hamstring myofascial release.

My current wednesday and friday workouts are extremely quick. Done in 1 hour each.

That's 25 minutes of lifting, and over 3 and a half hours of resting.
    Hahaha, I laughed out loud when I read that line. There's always some guy in the gym who seems to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Hahaha, I laughed out loud when I read that line. There's always some guy in the gym who seems to do this.
    That's pretty much how I do it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Im running 20 rep squats and a 3x5 LP simultaneously.
    Not to be a dick, but...aren't you chronically injured and fucked up? This could have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecj View Post
    Not to be a dick, but...aren't you chronically injured and fucked up? This could have something to do with it.
    You gotta try. This is the first time I have tried structured programming/linear in longer than I can remember. My body stopped responding to lower reps, needed a change and the higher reps seem to be more friendly to my chronically fucked up body. By the end of the week I will have 20 repped my previous 10rm on squats, this is amazing considering I have regressed massively during the past few months. i dont know where progression is going to stop, but if it keeps going it looks like I may 10 rep my previous 5rm on squats too by the end of the year. That is if my body can handle it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    You gotta try. This is the first time I have tried structured programming/linear in longer than I can remember. My body stopped responding to lower reps, needed a change and the higher reps seem to be more friendly to my chronically fucked up body. By the end of the week I will have 20 repped my previous 10rm on squats, this is amazing considering I have regressed massively during the past few months. i dont know where progression is going to stop, but if it keeps going it looks like I may 10 rep my previous 5rm on squats too by the end of the year. That is if my body can handle it.
    If it's working for you, carry on. My hips hurt just thinking about it.