starting strength gym

Thread: Opinions on the Titan Marrs Bar

Default Opinions on the Titan Marrs Bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Greetings, due to my deteriorating shoulders, I cannot get a straight barbell into a LBBS position, so I typically squat with a SSB.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Titan Marrs Bar and what did you think of it?

Love the Marrs bar.

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Greetings, due to my deteriorating shoulders, I cannot get a straight barbell into a LBBS position, so I typically squat with a SSB.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Titan Marrs Bar and what did you think of it?
    I like the Kabuki Transformer bar way more.

I love my maars bar. I can’t LBBS, and even have difficulty with HBBS. The maars bar was a game changer for me. Pricey but worth every penny.

The Marrs Bar is probably the best specialty bar for you, since it actually lets you squat with hip drive, and even lets you front squat. But it has some downsides:

- Your forearms will probably crash into your thighs at the bottom, due to the position of the handles.
    - Due to the large, comfy contact area over lots of (moving) upper body area, the bar can sway a lot without falling off your shoulders. This can be stressful on the low back.
    - The sleeves on the Rogue version screw on, and can loosen surprisingly easily.
    - The powdercoat on the Rogue version also strips easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    The Marrs Bar is probably the best specialty bar for you, since it actually lets you squat with hip drive, and even lets you front squat. But it has some downsides:

- Your forearms will probably crash into your thighs at the bottom, due to the position of the handles.
    - Due to the large, comfy contact area over lots of (moving) upper body area, the bar can sway a lot without falling off your shoulders. This can be stressful on the low back.
    - The sleeves on the Rogue version screw on, and can loosen surprisingly easily.
    - The powdercoat on the Rogue version also strips easily.
    Thanks for this feedback...very helpful in setting my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    I like the Kabuki Transformer bar way more.
    I take it you used both. I know the Transformer bar has multiple settings. Is the LBBS setting much different that the Marrs bar?

With the Kabuki bar and every other SSB, the weight is on top of your traps. You cannot bend over and squat with them, no matter how the camber is set. With the Marrs Bar, the weight is on your rear delts and back. It’s in a category of its own.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Thanks for this feedback...very helpful in setting my expectations.

I take it you used both. I know the Transformer bar has multiple settings. Is the LBBS setting much different that the Marrs bar?
    Yes, both. The Marrs bar sways you around a lot more and is less comfortable. The LBBS setting is the closest you can get to feeling like a real LBBS out of any device I have tried (many). It's not perfect and has some cons, but it is the best option.