starting strength gym

Thread: Ran out of Weights

Default Ran out of Weights

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I have a home gym with 245lbs of plates. Have been doing NLP for 10 weeks and am progressing well, going up 5lbs every workout for the big lifts. My dilemma is I’ve exhausted the weights I have…I’m stuck on 245 squat and deadlift cause I have no more weights 🫤 I should have some more coming for Christmas, but my question is how should I proceed in the meantime while still making progress? Is it possible?

Meade

You want to lift heavier weights without using heavier weights. Is this accurate?

I guess the question is how to best go about not losing any strength until Christmas when I get more weights

Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Plates are back down below $1/pound here on Long Island,

Quote Originally Posted by meadi8or View Post
    I guess the question is how to best go about not losing any strength until Christmas when I get more weights
    If you don't have the blue book, an additional item on the Christmas list is in order. It explains the strength/recovery/adaptation (SRA) cycle, which holds the answer to your question. If you're adapted to the current stress, what happens if you continue to apply that same stress for the next couple of weeks, instead of steadily increasing it?

(If you do already have the blue book, review the introductory section to the chapter on programming and its illustration about getting a suntan...)

Default Update

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by meadi8or View Post
    So I have a home gym with 245lbs of plates. Have been doing NLP for 10 weeks and am progressing well, going up 5lbs every workout for the big lifts. My dilemma is I’ve exhausted the weights I have…I’m stuck on 245 squat and deadlift cause I have no more weights 🫤 I should have some more coming for Christmas, but my question is how should I proceed in the meantime while still making progress? Is it possible?

Meade
    Update: got more weights. Progressing well. Thanks for everyone’s tips