starting strength gym
Page 1806 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8061306170617561796180418051806180718081816185619062306 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,060 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbk41hm View Post
    "Hi, I'm Dave... I see you are exercising there. I want you to know this is my weight and height." Been playing this in my head a few times and just can't figure on how it comes up in conversation.

I think I would have started looking around for the cameras for some hotel version of "punked".
    Almost this exact scenario has happened to me twice recently. It's as odd as you imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    I like that gym. They have a nice powerlifting area in the back that this video never showed, since, you know, CrossFit.
    What I wrote was overly negative- the only hard they had without center knurling barely spin, but supposedly the black bars they have soon better. Overall it's well equipped and seemed reasonably priced. That powerlifting area, though, did not seem to get the A/C when I was there. Ooh, they also have a sandbox which I found rather silly, but I guess they really do have everything...

In the gym today trying to work back up after de-fatting myself for...too long. Guy does okay squats in the only rack, finishing his warmup sets with a single at 245. First 2 work sets were 280 for 5. After the second work set, Smart Guy realizes he never loaded the bar with the extra 35lbs after he ran out and took a dump after the last warmup set. Yeah...dumbass fails to notice the lack of extra effort is missing and does two full "work" sets at his last warmup weight. I (I mean he) was most embarrassed and gamely tries to do my (I mean his) work sets at 280, but I (I mean he) could only muster the energy for one set. What an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    In the gym today trying to work back up after de-fatting myself for...too long. Guy does okay squats in the only rack, finishing his warmup sets with a single at 245. First 2 work sets were 280 for 5. After the second work set, Smart Guy realizes he never loaded the bar with the extra 35lbs after he ran out and took a dump after the last warmup set. Yeah...dumbass fails to notice the lack of extra effort is missing and does two full "work" sets at his last warmup weight. I (I mean he) was most embarrassed and gamely tries to do my (I mean his) work sets at 280, but I (I mean he) could only muster the energy for one set. What an asshat.

...but how did you feel after you punched yourself in the jewels?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
    If I'm not mistaken they are hosting the Twin Cities Open next weekend.
    Yes they are. It's a great venue for a meet. I'll be there volunteering.

I, uh, know a guy who saw somebody do that once. Maybe twice.

I know a guy like that too. Warm up squats really stimate the bowels.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    I've always thought of it as a nervous poop. Or, usually, a fart that I wasn't super sure about, and didn't want to risk letting go of in the hole.
    I haven't mastered the ability to hang on to a fart in the hole. Whatever happens, happens. Great thing about a home gym.

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    I haven't mastered the ability to hang on to a fart in the hole. Whatever happens, happens. Great thing about a home gym.
    Especially when it turns out to be an enhanced fart.

starting strength coach development program
    I like to think of it as a jet booster...or shedding ballast. Depends on the outcome.