starting strength gym
Page 1809 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 8091309170917591799180718081809181018111819185919092309 ... LastLast
Results 18,081 to 18,090 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by LizF View Post
    the bar pad thing (which I need a new name for, because tampons serve a legitimate purpose),
    Doesn't the term manpon kind of solve this for you? Just asking. The gender disassociation thing would seem to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by MPhelps View Post
    I know a guy like that too. Warm up squats really stimate the bowels.
    Sounds familiar. Whether it was by chance or by design, I am quite grateful that the only squat rack in my gym happens to be the piece of equipment closest to the entrance of the men's room. Pretty typical to dodge in there between warm up sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Doesn't the term manpon kind of solve this for you? Just asking. The gender disassociation thing would seem to do so.
    It's not as bad, but a gender-neutral term would be ideal, since using it is equally wimpy for both men and women. I wouldn't want anyone thinking we get a pass because of our delicate feminine constitutions.

I think a T-shirt bearing the slogan "Pussies are Useful and Strong" might sell nicely.
    Last edited by Barbecue; 08-17-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Ottokrekt

I know how to use a thesarus. Here are some non-gendered words for someone who lacks emotional strength in the gym:
    wimp
    weakling
    baby (Are we allowed to be ageist? Toddlers are often amazingly stoic about repeated falls when learning to walk.)
    coward
    crybaby (ageist)
    loser
    milksop
    namby-pamby
    wuss, wussy (these might be gendered)
    cream puff

My favorite is namby-pamby. I'll try to remember to use that one.

How about "The Wimp Wrap"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

Not unlike PM Lord Palmerston's famous line about "Wogs begin at the Channel!"
    A fine PM, but he was no Pitt the Elder

The 135 pad. Or the partials pad.

This is because every guy who puts the pad on the bar neither does warmups nor squats below parallel, he just puts a 45lb plate on each side and does partial squats with it. Occasionally one will follow this up with a second 45lb plate with even shallower partial squats. A third plate is rare, but if ever tried with a slight grimacing knee dip, is invariably followed by walking away leaving all the plates on the bar. This at least has the virtue of stopping any more guys "squatting" that day, since to do so they would have to start by taking plates off the bar, and using less weight than some anonymous guy before you is just too unmanly.

This is why I never put Dan John's loaded carries into my own workout routines when I worked at the Y, I did heaps of them every day sorting out the fucking weight plates.

The Shame Sponge.

starting strength coach development program
    Hip Thrust Pillow