starting strength gym
Page 1908 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9081408180818581898190619071908190919101918195820082408 ... LastLast
Results 19,071 to 19,080 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Bro (early 20s, 6'2", 175) loads 25 lb bumpers on a bar at squat height and places a bench behind him, parallel to the bar. Now, I grew up a mile down the road from Mike Boyle's facility so I know what's coming next. Emaciated looking guy, bumpers, bench... Bulgarian Split Squat time, right?! Wrong!

Bro takes the bar in a passable front rack, puts one foot back on the bench and performs what I can only describe as a single leg split jerk. Dip and drive off the lead leg and then he'd reach the lead leg a bit further out for the catch. Good trick.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    You have an account? A few of us morons around here do.
    i'm strohm44

Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    Today there was a guy doing I kid-you-not 4 rep sets of 95ish pound overhead squat-like things and making an unholy amount of noise. At this point, being loud with a 400 pound deadlift sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    I'm not allowed to criticize people being loud with 400 pound, because I've never tried it myself. Today though, people were just obnoxiously loud in general, prancing around with exagerated upper body yaw rotation and shouting. "Look at me I have big biceps", "That guy has big biceps too, he's my friend". Not that it bothers me, I find it entertaining like Animal Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    these are being promoted as "the next big thing in fitness"

Minimalist gloves:

anti-odor strips, to fight the bad smell? (sniffs hands... they smell like breakfast burrito and chalk. confused)
    skin texture. (looks at hands... they have skin texture. confused)

"Easy to carry" matching karibina clip perhaps to attach it to purse?

I think that little clip is where you're supposed to hang your balls from.

But if you have those gloves do you have the balls to wear them!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dhalli View Post
    anti-odor strips, to fight the bad smell? (sniffs hands... they smell like breakfast burrito and chalk. confused)
    skin texture. (looks at hands... they have skin texture. confused)
    For the website ad/info:

"Custom Build Materials
    You won’t find cheap leathers or outdated fabrics. Our SKINTEXTURE™ material is super thin and light weight, making it the thinnest & gloves gloves on the market. Weighing only 7 grams, they are 1.35mm thick. That’s as thin as the U.S. dime coin. Our state of the art materials preserves both your flexibility and your natural sense of touch
    Harder contraction

More skin-to-bar contact means your brain has maximum sensory connection with the bars. This allows you to contract each muscle in your forearms with maximum intensity."

It almost sounds like an argument for NOT wearing gloves. . . .

AND then there's this pic:

Seems there in the wrong place for presses; woundn't you want the 'glove' between the bar and heel of the palms . . . AND if you turn this pic upside down for pulls, it seems once again its in the wrong place on your hand/fingers. much confuse
    Last edited by MBasic; 12-22-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Re-derail:
    1. Most of my jeans fail at the inseam from my thighs rubbing together; looks fine for a long time and then one day a huge tear will open. They're cheap and expendable, so I never really cared. Recently though I noticed similar wear in my suit pants, only it's wool, so pilling instead of straight up tearing, but I fear the eventual result will be the same, and in this case, it'd be rather obnoxious to lose a pricey suit over a hole in the inseam. Anyone have any solutions for this? I saw various suggestions on the interwebzz about silk liners, different crotch fits, and pilling as a function of wool type, but nothing concrete.
    Hahahahahaha welcome to the hell women with big thighs have lived through for decades! There's something to be said for skirts when the weather allows it, except then you have to take measures to prevent chafing.

In all seriousness, we haven't really figured out how to fix this in formal pants, though there's a shop that'll fix the blown-out thighs on your jeans: Denim Repair - Denim Doctor - Repair Jeans - Denim Therapy NYC

As for that article, again, welcome to women's hell -- I couldn't even get especially outraged, because it just sounds like every single women's fitness article I've ever read. (Which is not to say I'm not mad -- it's just that I'm basically this mad all the time.) That poor woman setting up to deadlift with a fully rounded back and her ribs sticking out is a new one, though.

Notice that they've put in a disclaimer about not doing this diet/routine for more than two months at the outside -- which means they know damn well this is unhealthy and unsustainable, but God fucking forbid women have big thighs!

starting strength coach development program
    Press and quarter squats on a Bosu ball, both with the same weight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-8NOhaqFQx/