starting strength gym
Page 1914 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 9141414181418641904191219131914191519161924196420142414 ... LastLast
Results 19,131 to 19,140 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just kind of confused tonight. Fat guy and what I assume is his skinny and fit girlfriend/trainee come in. She asks him what they're doing, when really he's puttering around doing nothing. He says "jerks" which peaked my interest since the closest to Olympic lifting I ever see are some truly awful cleans. She then proceeds to do lots of push presses. No second knee bend, no split. It's bizarre to me that someone would know the term 'jerk' but not have a clue how to do one.

On the other hand, I bet her strict press is amazing with all that push pressing.

Androgynous curl bro had your number! You shoulda' offered to spot her squats from the front as payment. Cheek-to-cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    I'm still chugging through this thread but I finally had something funny to add.

At the gym tonite and its chock full of high school curl bros using every machine in sight and the preacher curl rack. I need a lift off for bench because I have problems with my neck and that little angle and bit of effort causes a lot of pain.

I look around to find a curl bro to help out. I see a curl bro in full sweats, baggy hoodie, short cropped hair under a backwards hat jumping back and forth between leg extensions and legs curls with hardly any weight in either. Seems perfect.

I walk up to him and ask for a lift off. As soon as the words leave my mouth I realize that it's actually a girl. She's less than thrilled and so am I but I feel committed. We head to the bench. I try to get to the bench and set up before the spotter gets there to take up less of their time. I'm already laying down when she gets there. As I'm sorting my grip she comes around the side and starts to throw her leg over me like she's gonna sit on my chest and pull the bar that way. I was not prepared for that but her reluctance makes a lot more sense now. I slide off quickly and explain what I'm actually looking for. Totally awkward for both of us. She left immediately after that.

I feel kinda bad but really it was freaking hilarious. I looked around but no one else seemed to see it go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    Just kind of confused tonight. Fat guy and what I assume is his skinny and fit girlfriend/trainee come in. She asks him what they're doing, when really he's puttering around doing nothing. He says "jerks" which peaked my interest since the closest to Olympic lifting I ever see are some truly awful cleans. She then proceeds to do lots of push presses. No second knee bend, no split. It's bizarre to me that someone would know the term 'jerk' but not have a clue how to do one.

On the other hand, I bet her strict press is amazing with all that push pressing.
    Power jerks? Not everybody does split jerks.

I bet her strict press is amazing with all that push pressing.

Yes, by my calculations, it should be 147.23%. So sayeth Pendlay.

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    Idiot fucking trainer has this poor woman doing some kind under hand row in the Smith Machine using bumper plates.

He's just giving her stuff to do to give him a better view of her boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    He's just giving her stuff to do to give him a better view of her boobs.
    They weren't that good.

ah come on,
    they cast mice shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellino21 View Post
    Androgynous curl bro had your number! You shoulda' offered to spot her squats from the front as payment. Cheek-to-cheek!
    Ah front spotting, 'frotting' for short.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    +1

When in Rome...
    Yes...please go on.