starting strength gym
Page 1922 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 922142218221872191219201921192219231924193219722022 ... LastLast
Results 19,211 to 19,220 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I really would like to know the back story on this.
    ?

Plate loader exacuted ??

Lifter gets another attempt? But he'll he struggled with that one somewhat, so I bet the follow-up attempt was derailed.

Thank goodness is was only a 'D' group lifter.
    But no one deserves that...

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    I didn't see the elusive double knee bend, but the double-take was pretty clear

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    There HAS to be a descriptive term when someone does something stupid in the background of your form check video. Not just "photo bombing"; "photo------"?
    Photodumbing?
    this happens to me all the time, but in the foreground. I put my cell phone back quite aways and zoom in, less distortion, better perspective that way. I put it on a fire extinguisher case partially built in to the 'wall', that's like 4ft. off the ground: its perfect. And when I say the 'wall', at a globogym that means the mirror. The other day I got a 125# teen-ager trying to nonchalantly check out his pec pump through the side of his cutout shirt at like point blank range. Missed my whole set.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Used to be you had to check if a house pool cue was straight by rolling it on the table first and looking for a wobble. Guess you could do that with an Olympic barbell on the safeties.
    That's what I do every time, roll it on the safties. About 20% of the bars are bent at my gym.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    The other day I got a 125# teen-ager trying to nonchalantly check out his pec pump through the side of his cutout shirt at like point blank range. Missed my whole set.
    You could probably sell that footage to KOTJ for his spank-bank.

Unrelatedly, what is it with people and their warm-ups? Either they spend the ENTIRE TIME I am in the gym doing mobility work and working up light singles or else they go straight to 1 plate plus. On one end of the spectrum there's a guy who looks like a pretty proficient Olympic lifter I see on days when I work from home and go in the afternoon and after maybe 45 minutes of stretching, skipping on the turf wearing a hip circle type thing, rolling his legs on a roller, his back on a lacrosse ball on the wall, etc, he'll start working up to light singles and partial movements (cleans from the rack, that kind of thing). His whole workout must take like 4 hours if he ever actually does anything over ~135 lbs (not sure I've seen that happen). On the other end I saw a guy squatting on Sunday who started with 185 lbs, did 3/4 - 4/5 depth squats (not terrible), then went directly to 225 and did a couple sets of half squats. It's like some people are allergic to a plate under 25 lbs and others are allergic to a plate over 25 lbs.

I don't think I have once seen someone do a set of warmups that started with the bar and ended up with a working set of >2 plates nor have I ever seen a 45 lb plate and a 5 lb plate on a bar simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    Karl would drive up from Illinois and throw a tree at me if form check pull-up machine leg presses
    Yes, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Yes, I would.
    If that is what it will take for you to come up and visit me, get ready...

Quote Originally Posted by blugold View Post
    If that is what it will take for you to come up and visit me, get ready...
    Let me know when this is going down. I can get the video. :-)

Some guys leg bled alllll the way up to the top of the 25 ft climbing rope and then he left his friend to try to clean it. I'm bringing madacide in tomorrow to disinfect.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh that's just lovely. Glad I train at home.