starting strength gym
Page 1959 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 959145918591909194919571958195919601961196920092059 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,590 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    Never mind the guy curling in the squat rack...we have become desensitized to it....so common, and such a caliche now
    Caliche (ka-lee'-chee, or sometimes klee'-chee) is a sedimentary rock, a hardened natural cement of calcium carbonate that binds other materials—such as gravel, sand, clay, and silt.

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    caliche (ka-lee'-chee, or sometimes klee'-chee) is a sedimentary rock, a hardened natural cement of calcium carbonate that binds other materials—such as gravel, sand, clay, and silt.
    til...

Caliche (ka-lee'-chee, or sometimes klee'-chee) is a sedimentary rock, a hardened natural cement of calcium carbonate that binds other materials—such as gravel, sand, clay, and silt.
    Shit that's funny, I'm in construction: drilling, excavation, etc....and in Arizona. I don't know if the auto spell thing did that cause I use that word so much. Sorry.

Older guy, belt, proper shoes, RBD knee sleeves, squatting 145kg for some volume to depth.

He then re-racked and caught his little finger between bar and hook. Much swearing, blood and and hopping about.

All on video, but can't post as it may incriminate me.

The guy doing suicide grip bench on a Swiss ball in the rack next to where I'm doing C&J makes me nervous as hell. I'm afraid I'll drop my weight, resulting in vibrations through the floor that cause his ball to shift and kill him. Murder by butterfly effect. Or maybe assisted suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    The guy doing suicide grip bench on a Swiss ball in the rack next to where I'm doing C&J makes me nervous as hell. I'm afraid I'll drop my weight, resulting in vibrations through the floor that cause his ball to shift and kill him. Murder by butterfly effect. Or maybe assisted suicide...
    it can't be heavy enough to do much harm.

225# at the top of his pyramid. Enough to be dangerous without being truly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skander View Post
    225# at the top of his pyramid. Enough to be dangerous without being truly impressive.
    Hoe much weight does he think the ball can hold?

Not sure, but there was a guy at the YMCA that I saw doing this. He went up to 275 for reps. His elbows would bounce off the ball, kind of acting like a slingshot. He probably weighed between 180-200ish. If it did pop, that would be really bad. :-)

starting strength coach development program
    A lot of them claim 2000lbs.