starting strength gym
Page 2317 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1317181722172267230723152316231723182319232723672417 ... LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,170 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kpalmquist View Post
    My gym recently bought three new Texas Power Bars. Nice. But where do they end up? In the Power Racks? No, just the old bars with worn knurling on the Power Racks. There's one on the Bench Press - OK. One on the Incline Bench - OK, I guess. Where is the third one? Wait, there it is! In the far corner of the gym in the T-bar swivel. Gotta have the latest equipment for those T-bar rows! It's kind of hard to see it behind the guy on the Hammer Calf-Raise machine doing 3 inch Hack Squats.
    Eric Lilliebridge trains out that way (Aurora) and I think there are a few other power gyms out there too. It might be worth looking into if your gym is bad. But you can always move the bars from the bench to the power rack if needed. :-) But maybe that is a bad idea, since the next guy will do 1" ROM rack pulls with the closest bar available.

Today's venture to the globogym was one of complete juxtaposition. Two of us actually squatting in the power racks, with the other guy, probably only 145lbs, easily full squatting 385 and me at a paltry 225, but both of us filming and getting to depth.

Contrast that to several bros across the way performing the latest craze, seated calf raises in the smith machine with the "manpon" to protect their tender knees. Silliest BS I've seen in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    Eric Lilliebridge trains out that way (Aurora) and I think there are a few other power gyms out there too. It might be worth looking into if your gym is bad. But you can always move the bars from the bench to the power rack if needed. :-) But maybe that is a bad idea, since the next guy will do 1" ROM rack pulls with the closest bar available.
    My gym has 1 comp spec power bar. the above is why I move it to the corner of the weights area, behind the leg press, behind the column, and lean it on the wall there. Each time I come in it's still there waiting for me. I haven't locked it away, but I've made every other bar more accessible and everyone else is too lazy

Quote Originally Posted by kpalmquist View Post
    My gym recently bought three new Texas Power Bars. Nice. But where do they end up? In the Power Racks? No, just the old bars with worn knurling on the Power Racks. There's one on the Bench Press - OK. One on the Incline Bench - OK, I guess. Where is the third one? Wait, there it is! In the far corner of the gym in the T-bar swivel. Gotta have the latest equipment for those T-bar rows! It's kind of hard to see it behind the guy on the Hammer Calf-Raise machine doing 3 inch Hack Squats.
    Whenever I am looking for the good bars, I check the swivel, it's like a magnet for new equipment.

At least you guys have power bars. My gym has 4 32mm shitty bars with rattling, rusty sleeves and no knurling to speak of. Plates are a mix of lbs and kg denominated plates. I have to use my calculator when loading the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    $5 Reward paid (via PayPal) to this first SS board member who performs and films this exercise in a public gym while people are present and permanently it uploads it to Instagram:

Instagram
    I was getting my phone out to record as I saw someone setting up for what I thought was going to be the above. Turns out the guy just ended up pressing while seated on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    My gym has 1 comp spec power bar. the above is why I move it to the corner of the weights area, behind the leg press, behind the column, and lean it on the wall there. Each time I come in it's still there waiting for me. I haven't locked it away, but I've made every other bar more accessible and everyone else is too lazy
    I do the same thing with one of the gym's power bars that is pretty good. I set it out in the hallway, and no one touches it. It is just too far to travel. :-)

My gym only has one decent bar, but there are only 6 people total who actually need it and go out of their way to use it: myself, 2 powerlifters, an Oly lifter and 2 Crossfit gals. We have formed a bit of an alliance and share it as needed based on the needs of the day. The bros generally don't seem to have any bar preference at all.

Wait! Has no one on the board taken up the butt walk challenge???

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    Wait! Has no one on the board taken up the butt walk challenge???
    Apparently not.

"Butt walk challenge" reminds me of this: