starting strength gym
Page 2370 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 137018702270232023602368236923702371237223802420 ... LastLast
Results 23,691 to 23,700 of 24218

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    yeah, he almost did a Slamthroattm
    I've heard of that.

I was at the gym and bad technique guy who “coaches” worse technique protege was doing deadlifts directly behind a very curvy woman who appears to be a figure competitor.

I struggled to keep from laughing. The guy is so awkward that he may not have been perving, he may legitimately not understand that one should not set up right behind a lady doing box squats when there are many other places to lift.

Can it get more bro than this?

Instagram

Everyone seems to have interesting gyms. My gym is like a library. Must be lucky.

Mine’s full of people that want to talk rather than train.

One guy is there every time I train, regardless of the day, and probably does 15 minutes of work out of every hour.

My first contribution to this thread, which has given me so much fun the past few months and it is about how dumb I am.

I get to my gym earlier today, change into my training gear and realize at the last moment that I forgot one of my lifting shoes. Reversed the process after considering for a few seconds whether to squat and power clean shoeless, head down to the reception to give back the locker key, hoping there would be only the front desk girl there, but of course there were three other guys chatting with her. So I shamefully had to explain why I was leaving 5 minutes after arriving and have probably become famous as the moron who forgets his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by KreuzhebenFTW View Post
    My first contribution to this thread, which has given me so much fun the past few months and it is about how dumb I am.

I get to my gym earlier today, change into my training gear and realize at the last moment that I forgot one of my lifting shoes. Reversed the process after considering for a few seconds whether to squat and power clean shoeless, head down to the reception to give back the locker key, hoping there would be only the front desk girl there, but of course there were three other guys chatting with her. So I shamefully had to explain why I was leaving 5 minutes after arriving and have probably become famous as the moron who forgets his shoes.
    That's a whole lot better than dragging two mountain bikes all the way to the Spanish Pyrenees by car for a holiday, only to discover I left one of my MTB shoes at home ....duh ! You can't do downhill without shoes clipped to the pedals. I also managed to ride through the wrong lane of the payage on the way down with bikes fixed to the roof , a big thump and the bikes slid down the side of the car. Not one of my finest moments.

This "Brozo" is a prime example of what is wrong with modern day gyms. Thank God for my home gym.

I got aggressively scolded today by a crabby old lady. I was doing my power Snatch work sets and feeling good as There were two only lifters at the gym today giving me some pointers. I started dropping the bar from overhead at my workset weight of 148#. Now, mind you, one of the oly lifters routinely drops weight north of 300#, so, it's gets loud in the functional fitness room. Anyway, this lady comes running (literally) into the room after my set of 2 and gets right up in my face. She says she has hearing aides and the noise im making is disturbing her. She also says there are signs every about not dropping weight. (Which there are in other rooms, but we've been cleared by the gym staff to only lift with bumpers).

First of all, I don't respond well to being scolded, but I am a southerner and therefore polite, so I was all "yes mam" and "no mam", but when I suggested that the weight was too heavy for me to comfortably not drop from overhead she whipped right back that I should use less weight (finger in my face) and I retorted with "perhaps you should turn your hearing aides down", in which case the oly lifters busted out laughing. In all fairness, I finished my work sets by unlocking the weight to my hips and dropping the bar from there. It was doable, but I don't expect to change anything in the future. On my way out, I told the gym staff that I was the culprit if there were any complaints.

starting strength coach development program
    Time to add my embarrassing story:

I was working out at a Golds gym in my early 20’s. I was doing some Situps next to a man and woman and as I crunched up, I let loose an uncontrollable loud and smelly fart. Boy did I just want to become invisible and run out of there.