starting strength gym
Page 360 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 2603103503583593603613623704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    so this guy comes up to the squat rack and asks to work in, does two sets with the empty bar only to remember he didn't warmup beforehand and then leaves for 5 minutes to erg.

oh wait that guy was me

Quote Originally Posted by tjsulls View Post
    so this guy comes up to the squat rack and asks to work in, does two sets with the empty bar only to remember he didn't warmup beforehand and then leaves for 5 minutes to erg.

oh wait that guy was me
    I got driven to the gym today (instead of my usual bike ride) and did no warm up before getting under the bar. I ended up going up two weight increments on the squat and having perfect technique too. Im feeling that warm ups are overated.

Minnesota Raised, Live in California now.

saw a guy squatting 225 to good depth. Then he attempted to press it in an effort to get in front so he could drop it. He knocked himself in the head and scraped it across the back of his skull while half pressing it forward. His left arm dropped and the plates on the left slid halfway off. Then he attempted to drop them as if from a powerclean, but plates slid off and the right end crashed to the ground.

i later taught them both how to deadlift properly and they turned out to be cool guys, but damn...That was some stupid shit.

Was talking to a friend last Friday who happens to be a PT at the other gym I used to go to. I mentioned that I was trying to lose weight, and that's why I stick with 3 reps or less. He looked at me like I was fucking stupid and then went on to instruct me to do 8+ reps so I could burn fat, and not go too heavy.

Also, today at the gym I saw an acquaintance there. He's a big strong motherfucker when it comes to upper body, but can't really squat too well. I was trying to help him, he has the flexibility required to do a full squat, but he can't. I made him do one rep and he almost ate the floor. What's up with that? He could be a great lifter.
    Last edited by Carnivroar; 02-25-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Maybe he just wants to stick with the "ego" lift. By which I mean bench press.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Also, today at the gym I saw an acquaintance there. He's a big strong motherfucker when it comes to upper body, but can't really squat too well. I was trying to help him, he has the flexibility required to do a full squat, but he can't. I made him do one rep and he almost ate the floor. What's up with that? He could be a great lifter.
    Air squat?

Quote Originally Posted by DanRug View Post
    I've found the opposite. Low level are just fat girls; high level you get some butch, but the backs are very nice.

Whoops, should have followed up on this. None of the rugby team is attractive. Again, I'm not sure if it's the rugby team, it could be the synchronized swimming team or some other sport with girls of equivalent unattractiveness. I just know that they come in together, do retarded shit on the platforms for a while, and are really busted.

Also, I go to MIT, where boys go to become men, and girls go to become man-beasts. Need I say more?

Saw a guy in the gym today doing 'legs' He had about 500lb on the leg press and was doing the typical 2 inch range of motion I always see, albeit with more screaming.

On the last set he got a guy to spot him by pushing on the sled if his legs started to give.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    How much weight? Same thing happens to me on an air squat if I try to reach full depth. It's a bit better with the bar but my balance can still be shaky. Once there's a decent amount of weight on there, there's no problems. And I have shit flexibility.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rment View Post
    How much weight? Same thing happens to me on an air squat if I try to reach full depth. It's a bit better with the bar but my balance can still be shaky. Once there's a decent amount of weight on there, there's no problems. And I have shit flexibility.
    He box squatted 355 for few reps. The box was still above parallel though. He couldn't even go bellow parallel with 2 plates, which when I made him do it, he almost fell. Just to give you an idea, he presses more than 2 plates, that's how strong he is.